Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla offers to transfer lifetime free supercharging to new vehicle

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I had filled out the supercharger transfer paperwork and submitted it weeks before I transferred the car to my wife's son. I missed the stipulation that I still had to own the car with the supercharging until after delivery of the new car. I am recovering from surgery and just didn't see that requirement. I owned the car when I executed the purchase agreement for the new Model Y. That should be enough. And there were no warnings, only "we'll send you next steps" after I submitted the transfer paperwork. But no 'next steps' were ever sent. The obvious one would be "Don't sell your Model 3 before taking delivery of the Model Y". It is a trap set up for people who need the money from their current car to pay for the new one.

Ask your wife's son to tell Tesla he was not expecting to have FUSC on the car and he would like it transferred to your new car as it was originally intended. Offer to sign paperwork too.

Reactions: TSLA Pilot
Easy question Tesla wants to sell more new S X and Y. If they needed to sell more new 3's they would have extended this deal to that too.
Agreed. Could also be because the S, X and Y have higher profit margins to "offset" the costs of the free supercharging. Although an argument could be made it would be better for Tesla if some was trading in a electric hog X (relative) for a more efficient 3, would save Tesla money.

I want to create a thread but not sure where…

Our December 2014 S85 has a service appointment Wednesday because a lot of things are starting to go wrong. Didn’t ever want to spend this much on a car again but my hubs loves the drive of the S and we already have a Y.

No desire for X. We’re thinking of asking at the appointment if they can switch FUSC to a 3 to see if they happen to be desperate enough for a sale.

BUT… if our repairs start adding up when is it time to say goodbye to Ellie, our “first born” 😩

We’d hate to have to do it some other time when we can’t transfer the supercharging.

I want to create a thread but not sure where…

Our December 2014 S85 has a service appointment Wednesday because a lot of things are starting to go wrong. Didn’t ever want to spend this much on a car again but my hubs loves the drive of the S and we already have a Y.

No desire for X. We’re thinking of asking at the appointment if they can switch FUSC to a 3 to see if they happen to be desperate enough for a sale.

BUT… if our repairs start adding up when is it time to say goodbye to Ellie, our “first born” 😩

We’d hate to have to do it some other time when we can’t transfer the supercharging.
I don’t think they allow FUSC transfer to a 3, just to a new S,X or a Y

My hubs definitely prefers it. Neither of us wanted to spend S money again especially when we’d be giving up our pano roof and open center console and huge frunk. And roof racks.
FYI: you can get a roof rack from Tesla for the Model S . . . and from others as well.

And:

Jumped on it upon learning of the offer on Dec 7th. Never got the email with the offer, just happened to ring sales while sitting in the loaner while my 2018 was in for alignment. Missed the ordering/December delivery window by hours but snagged the last new Black/black 19" from inventory (29miles). Only SC my S and upgrades to 2018 75D were just too numerous to ignore. Double the range along with at least half the SC wait-time, Also enjoying more storage, side pockets, comfy console and door-arm rest, even the rear coat hangers are very welcome! Auto window close on lock, much quieter ride, more torque, etc. Very pleased.

FYI: you can get a roof rack from Tesla for the Model S . . . and from others as well.

And:

Not a 2014.

If the worst happens PhillyGal I will buy your roof racks if they fit my 2015 sunroof.

Reactions: TK16688