Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to transfer Extended Service Agreement

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am selling my S85, and the car has the Extended Service Agreement.

The Agreement says that I have to notify Tesla, pay a $100 transfer fee, etc., but the document says nothing about who to notify, how to pay, etc.

I have emailed Tesla Scottsdale Service, but am still waiting for a reply.

Does anyone know exactly how the ESA transfer is actually done?

Comments from owners who have actually transferred the ESA would be much appreciated.

I suspect you are not getting a lot of replies because there are more owners here that either have or don't have (but have HUGE opinions or axes to grind about) an ESA -- than those that have actually gone through the process and come back here to reply.

You may have seen THIS RECENT THREAD and the huge discussion there with lots of supposition and questioning as to what the process really is or is not. In more than 450 posts, I don't remember a single person replying that had actually been through the process themselves. ...and depending up purchase date, there are now at least 2 different sets of ESA T&Cs owners have in place that have slight variance in the outlined process.

IMHO, you are on the right path asking for written input directly from Tesla before you sell. I personally would email [email protected], but if you have a way to communicate directly with your SC, great. I would just do as you are -- ensure you have everything in writing.

PLEASE do report back with results to help the community. Good luck.

Reactions: MikeBur