Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How to turn on ambient interior lighting without the Premium Upgrades Package

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I don't have the Premium Upgrades Package, and I just realized that I have the ambient interior lightings installed on both FWDs. Are there anyway to turn those on? Like re-wire or something. Without these lights, It is a total darkness without any lights at night. Thank you!

Non PUP Here. The round light is there.Comes on when FWD is open. Off when closed

IMG_1134[1].jpg

Led is there under the arm rest. Yes I would pay $$$ to activate.

IMG_1137[1].jpg

Reactions: Kacey Green
I think all the SW enabled options like this should be made available to buy piecemeal at a reasonable price point after delivery. Nice and easy revenue stream for TSLA, which will also make a lot of owners happy.

I wonder if they do it to prop up their residual values and CPO business. They could very well eliminate all "base" models by enabling all of these features. perhaps that's more profitable in the long run by getting owners to trade up.

I wonder if they do it to prop up their residual values and CPO business. They could very well eliminate all "base" models by enabling all of these features. perhaps that's more profitable in the long run by getting owners to trade up.
It's would be a good value proposition if they enabled them on CPOs for no or little additional cost.

Anyone take apart their door to check yet? I'm very curious.

On the S, the door panels themselves were different. The wiring was in the back of the door and enabled though.

I haven't opened up the X yet, but if the tubes are there; they are probably there for cost cutting and simplification. I would imagine the wiring harness is the same. This would either mean a fuse, or enabling via software.

Reactions: X-pilot
On the S, the door panels themselves were different. The wiring was in the back of the door and enabled though.

I haven't opened up the X yet, but if the tubes are there; they are probably there for cost cutting and simplification. I would imagine the wiring harness is the same. This would either mean a fuse, or enabling via software.
If it's software, wouldn't mind bypassing it and hardwiring them so they are on all the time...