Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How would not having a Web Browser affect you?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nearly no impact.

i've only used the browser to read some news a couple of times when waiting in the car while my wife runs into a store for something. I've also use it occasionally to check the weather (with a bookmark).

In both those situations, my phone would have sufficed...

Couldn't have said it any better. I would also add that it is kinda cool to show to someone when giving them a test ride. Other than that I never use it and voice search on my phone is way more usefull, faster, and easier.

I use it constantly. I always have the weather up, or some other thing being displayed. If I am driving a customer, I have my own web page displayed full size filling the screen. While the browser isn't that good, now that I am used to having it, it's a pain when I'm in a vehicle that doesnt. Sometimes, the phone display is just too small for comfort.

Our glorious "democratically" elected leaders in Hong Kong have decreed that the Web Browser will not be available for us plebs who ordered the Model S.

I would be interested in your opinions about how this would affect your user experience of the Model S based on your usage...

I'm still waiting for a "killer web app for the Model S." ;-) For me, I wouldn't miss it, but I'm glad it's there because I feel it has potential, and clearly some folks find it useful.

Look at it this way: If you have a car now, then do you wish you had a web browser built into the car? If not (and I bet that's your answer), then you won't miss it in the S, either. IMHO.