Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How would you rate your experience at Orlando service center?

How would you rate your experience at Orlando service center?

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As the title says, how would you rate your experience there?

I have someone who is interested in getting a Tesla. However, they live in Orlando and would be going there for service if the need arises. From what I've read on the forums in the past, they haven't had the best reputation when it comes to customer service (or, it could be a lot more people post only when they have something to complain about).

I love my Tesla and I think its an experience unlike any other. However, I also think I'm lucky in that I've gotten excellent service every time from my local service center (Mt. Kisco). I can imagine having terrible service or sales support can easily flip your viewpoint and make you think its just not worth it. So before I push this person towards a Tesla, I'd like to get a feel for what he'll experience throughout his ownership.

This will be his first EV and he'll be coming from a Jaguar that he loves so I want to make sure Tesla is up to the task in impressing him. Oh, also, he's my boss so I can't screw this up. ;)

Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

Best service experience ever! I called them to kindly ask if they could push the newest update to my car. (Expecting a no lol) but to my surprise they did after they saw my last update was a month ago. In my opinion they went above and beyond because they really could have just said no.

• Informative
Reactions: Red_DS
I heard for a long time a grinding noise in the front of the car. Toronto Lawrence service could not find it. On our trip to Florida two weeks ago the noise got a bit more prominent. It was most detectable on a smooth pavement road at 70 kmh ( 45 mph ) . I decided to visit the Orlando SC Monday morning. The Service person went on a ride with me and also heard the noise. They did some extensive testing and informed me Tuesday afternoon that it is the left front wheel bearing. After I told them to go ahead, the parts were ordered and Thursday afternoon I was mobile again. I asked for the bad part for a show and tell at our next club meeting and they obliged. I also had a no charge rental car during the down time. Since I am way out of warranty ( 166,000 km / 103,000 miles ) I had to pay for the repair myself. Price was reasonable and I am a very satisfied customer of the Orlando Service Center. And by the way, the noise is gone.

• Informative
I voted So-So. Orlando is my ‘home’ service center and I’ve been there twice since I purchased my 2015 S60 back in April. The first time wasn’t a great experience. I made an appointment for a few minor issues, then I took the car in on the morning of the appointment. They gave me a loaner and the service advisor said that he would give me a call in the afternoon when the car was ready. Around 4:30 I started getting a bit concerned since I hadn’t heard from them and it was getting close to closing time, so I called and was told that the service advisor was in the shop, but they would leave a message for him and he would return my call as soon as he got back to his desk. I called again at 5:15 since I still hadn’t heard anything and was told that he had already left for the day, never bothering to let me know that my car would not be finished that day as promised or even to return the message that I had left for him.

The second trip to the service center was for the annual service, to replace the drive unit (due to excessive noise) and a few other minor things. This time they did much better with their communication.

In both cases I had no complaints about the actual work done on the car.

• Informative