Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

How's the A pillar visibility?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sounds odd, but this is a huge issue for my wife, and she's the one who needs to get onboard before we buy this car, haha.

Anyway, we had a Leaf and the A pillar was huge. Really easy to lose a pedestrian in it. We have a test drive set up in a week, but I was wondering what people's take is before that. Thanks!

You can easily lose a pedestrian or bike in the A pillar, especially entering a roadway where you are both moving slowly and as a result they remain hidden. I’ve learned to be aware and careful of it.

• Informative
Reactions: pkulak
There is one intersection near home that is really awkward in the X. It is a relatively steep downhill, with the main road going off to the right, and my path home being a slight left. The temptation in other cars, with better visibility, is to take the left without much slowing down, traffic permitting. In the X, I come to almost a complete stop and have to check and double-check.

I have the same issue when turning on my street (right turn). There is a fence on the corner, so I can't see if traffic is coming down my narrow street until I'm almost at the intersection. But then the A-pillar blocks the view, so I've gotten used to really leaning forward and backward to check for traffic.

I've been meaning to contact the home-owner and ask if they can replace their fence with a see-through fence. ;)

• Funny
Reactions: goneskiian