Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HPWC 2.0 reduced power

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
when my HPWC was first installed I'm sure I got aprox. 50 km/hr on the charger. Now 3 months later I only seem to get 33 km/hr. I've read that if it is 3 phase charging there should be a small 3 in a circle on the display. That is not there, and I can't remember if it was ever there. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may have caused a slow down in the charging rate?

when my HPWC was first installed I'm sure I got aprox. 50 km/hr on the charger. Now 3 months later I only seem to get 33 km/hr. I've read that if it is 3 phase charging there should be a small 3 in a circle on the display. That is not there, and I can't remember if it was ever there. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may have caused a slow down in the charging rate?
Your amperage may have dropped due to a problem with the electric company's dropping the current one time. The Model S will then cut the charging rate for all future charges. That happened to me one time, so I just upped the amperage from 30 back to 40. It has stayed there since then. If the rate keeps dropping, then you might want to have a look at either the current your home delivers reliably or call Tesla for advice.