TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

HPWC 2.0 reduced power

Discussion in 'Hong Kong' started by Sonic, Jul 17, 2016.

1. Sonic

Sonic New Member

when my HPWC was first installed I'm sure I got aprox. 50 km/hr on the charger. Now 3 months later I only seem to get 33 km/hr. I've read that if it is 3 phase charging there should be a small 3 in a circle on the display. That is not there, and I can't remember if it was ever there. Does anyone have any suggestions on what may have caused a slow down in the charging rate?

2. Kairrson

Kairrson Member

What does it show on your charging rate?
    Like 27/32A 220v? Check your charging screen during using your HPWC.

Is a bit hard to tell if we didn't know about the installing amps rate on your HPWC also your car option.

3. Science fan

Science fan Member

Your amperage may have dropped due to a problem with the electric company's dropping the current one time. The Model S will then cut the charging rate for all future charges. That happened to me one time, so I just upped the amperage from 30 back to 40. It has stayed there since then. If the rate keeps dropping, then you might want to have a look at either the current your home delivers reliably or call Tesla for advice.