Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HTF Tesla can charge me for sitting too long in a supercharger stall...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm obviously being sarcastic but the entire post was suppose to be that. No adult would do anything other than thinking "what an idiot" and move on. I was changed $3 for being about 5 minutes late to unplug (no message on my phone) and that was not a good thing. I totally understand the need to move after you're done and I honestly try to make sure I don't over stay..
If you really understood the problem you would show up 5 minutes early instead of 5 minutes late.

Exactly...and in the sue-happy US, people would be tripping over that all day long. They could just as easily make it 6 to 8 feet tall and put it at the front of the parking spot. That would make it more noticeable and harder for monster trucks to hover over it...unless they were REALLY big monster trucks. lol
Perhaps it looks like that normally but if a truck parks over it, it uses Spaces thrust to smash through the truck chassis and then return to its normal position!

If you really understood the problem you would show up 5 minutes early instead of 5 minutes late.

Not sure what your problem is. I never said I shouldn't have been charged, nor did is say I charging me was wrong. I said If they can charge me they should be able to go after ICErs. That's it. The 5 min thing is between me and Tesla and none of your business. You're missing the entire original point. If idle fees become a problem for me I'll just stop using them. No problem for me. It's not really why I bought the cars to begin with. Just really seems wrong that they would let ICE blocking events (multiple trucks) just inconvenience us. But according to the previous posts that may not be true. Great for all owners!

Not sure what your problem is. I never said I shouldn't have been charged, nor did is say I charging me was wrong. I said If they can charge me they should be able to go after ICErs. That's it. The 5 min thing is between me and Tesla and none of your business. You're missing the entire original point. If idle fees become a problem for me I'll just stop using them. No problem for me. It's not really why I bought the cars to begin with. Just really seems wrong that they would let ICE blocking events (multiple trucks) just inconvenience us. But according to the previous posts that may not be true. Great for all owners!

The reason they do the one and not the other is because one is easy to implement, while the other is impossible. Their computer knows when a Tesla has overstayed, has access to a credit card for the Tesla (or at least maintains an account for the Tesla owner), and has the owner's boilerplate consent to the overstay charge system. When an ICE is parked at a supercharger (and therefore not plugged in) Tesla doesn't know the ICE in there and, besides, Tesla has no mechanism to charge the ICE vehicle and no consent from them to be charged.

While ICEing is arguably the bigger problem, there's a relatively easy to implement policy for the overstaying Tesla's. Since there's no easy way to implement that fix for ICEing, Tesla implemented the fix for overstays first.

and not charge ICErs? I wonder if we can just not pay super charger idle fees if we don't feel like it. I mean if Tesla does't own the stall etc. This is crap. Tesla should make an example of the group ICE stall fiasco. Their license plates is all they would need. Geeze an hour or so of idle fees and a court appearance would truly be the way to stop this crap. Childish behavior stops when it costs them $. I'm sure many owners experiencing such an event would be willing to witness what ever time Tesla chose to base their charges on. If I'm on a trip I don't have time for this type of behavior.

And if Tesla does't do anything we should refuse to pay idle fees. I mean what right do they have to charge us? The argument they might use to ignore the ICErs would probably apply to us.

I think a Trump approach might be appealing to some Tesla owners. I think he'd suggest that snipping their valve stems on a couple of tires to address this. But that might start a war with them. Oh yea it's already started. Perhaps a champaign to install cameras at all Superchargers would help for security and enforcement. I'd participate in a Go Fund me for this. Perhaps hired "hit man" group that would punch these guys in the face when they return to their truck. My experience has me thinking that it would probably be a group of hit women. My wife gets really aggressive about parking and I'd probably have to hold her back anyway.

Ok I apologize for the childish tirade. I won't stoop to their level of immaturity but I have thought someone should do it every time.

Interesting that I've never been ICEd. YET

Do you even own a Tesla?

Reactions: StealthP3D
Just like this --

I parked with one of these in Orlando at some strip mall or another... once you install the app, it worked seamlessly. Tesla could build this into their app - "Reserve a Supercharger"; you reserve it, get X minutes to arrive, and once you do, the gate goes down and you get into your spot.

Works really well.

Just do what most of us do if its a busy supercharger. Set your charge limit to 5%-10% less than you want. Wait for the 'Your almost charged' alert on your device then up the charge limit to the amount you want. if gives you a nice extra 10 minutes or so pre warning incase you are shopping or something.

Reactions: Pinot.Noir
Just like this --

I parked with one of these in Orlando at some strip mall or another... once you install the app, it worked seamlessly. Tesla could build this into their app - "Reserve a Supercharger"; you reserve it, get X minutes to arrive, and once you do, the gate goes down and you get into your spot.

Works really well.

That's awesome! We can only hope to see a Tesla solution like that soon!