Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW 4 - Front Bumper Camera and Ambient Light

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi - any information on if / when HW4 starts shipping with font facing bumper camera and ambient lights? Thx
It is hard to guess when Tesla might choose to offer either one. AFAIK, those two items have come up for discussion, but nothing has been announced. If I were to guess, I'd say somewhere between next month and never.

Falcon doors still have ultrasound and work the same as prior. The front doors don't open fully any longer but instead open slightly. Parking distances are inaccurately calculated using the cameras.
Thanks for explaining, good to know the falcons are untouched. To be fair I did not find the sensors on the front doors to be very accurate so I disabled the full open anyways on the '22 I had for a few weeks.

Yeah it's the parking distance that is concerning. Hopefully they can improve on that.

Thanks for explaining, good to know the falcons are untouched. To be fair I did not find the sensors on the front doors to be very accurate so I disabled the full open anyways on the '22 I had for a few weeks.

Yeah it's the parking distance that is concerning. Hopefully they can improve on that.
I fully expect it (improvement) to happen in short order. Just because we've become used to it does not mean we can't live without it temporarily.