Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Again LMAO he does it again!

Elon Musk updates timeline for a self-driving car, but how does Tesla play into it?

Its so funny its sad.

Lets rehash shall we?

Lmao dude been saying 2 years for 4 straight years.
9 months ago its was 2 years, now its still 2 years.
I bet next year when he's asked again it will also be 2 years again. Talk about dedicated snake oil salesman.

Its like the guys who keeps telling you everyday that he got you tomorrow but tomorrow never actually gets here till you finally give up and stop asking.

What's sad is that no one has the balls to call him out on these 2 years. But he does have alot of buyers like Fred.

"If Tesla can actually achieve this cross country trip, they will have achieved level 4 autonomy. The way I see it, it sounds like Tesla could enable level 4 autonomous driving over the next year under the “fully self-driving” option. Then, Tesla could gradually improve on the level 4 capabilities to eventually reach level 5 another year after level 4"

Hook, Line & Sinker.

Anyway the intriguing part is the new chip tesla is building which would probably be AP 3.0 right? Won't that render AP 2.5 useless?
Also He's now promising 100x better in three years which to me is code-word for AP 3.0 and i assume this will be apart of the AP 3.0 with new sensor suites?

Especially sad for those who based upon statements like this, in good faith, their six-figure buying decisions to upgrade from what they had.

One note, however - board replacement has been understood to be an option for all AP2.x cars. Presumably free for those who gave the interest-free $8,000 loans for EAP and FSD.

Also plausible that the replacement boards will offer more capabilities than can be accommodated by the aging AP2.0 other hardware.

Very disappointing.

Reactions: Swift and daktari
[
That's the point.

Look, I get you are trying to start a channel and make some ad revenue or whatever, but spamming is the worst way to do it. I normally down-vote spam and it seems like you just admitted you are spamming for views.
Oh my gosh dude. If you only knew what he does for a living. He doesn't need to get ad revenue on a YouTube channel. lol.

• Love
  • Funny
Reactions: VT_EE and skitown
The concerning part for me is not the timeline, I actually agree with Elon on the likely timeline (2-3 years)

The concerning part is the continuing delay between FSD announcements giving us any insight towards their progress. We haven't heard anything for a long time, and the length of time between information is continually growing.
North Korea getting a nuclear warhead in an ICBM is concerning. Your favorite CEO not tweeting enough to please you is not concerning.

Last edited:
Again LMAO he does it again!

Elon Musk updates timeline for a self-driving car, but how does Tesla play into it?

Its so funny its sad.

Lets rehash shall we?

Lmao dude been saying 2 years for 4 straight years.
9 months ago its was 2 years, now its still 2 years.
I bet next year when he's asked again it will also be 2 years again. Talk about dedicated snake oil salesman.

Its like the guys who keeps telling you everyday that he got you tomorrow but tomorrow never actually gets here till you finally give up and stop asking.

What's sad is that no one has the balls to call him out on these 2 years. But he does have alot of buyers like Fred.

"If Tesla can actually achieve this cross country trip, they will have achieved level 4 autonomy. The way I see it, it sounds like Tesla could enable level 4 autonomous driving over the next year under the “fully self-driving” option. Then, Tesla could gradually improve on the level 4 capabilities to eventually reach level 5 another year after level 4"

Hook, Line & Sinker.

Anyway the intriguing part is the new chip tesla is building which would probably be AP 3.0 right? Won't that render AP 2.5 useless?
Also He's now promising 100x better in three years which to me is code-word for AP 3.0 and i assume this will be apart of the AP 3.0 with new sensor suites?

Blader, welcome back from your Russian Kremlin science camp! Sorry to hear that you weren't allowed to participate this time in the trolling triple jump. Did you get a chance to get back to Michigan to check out the suburb neighborhood?

Oh Blader, pathetic, trolling, useless blader.. I don't know what you look like, but I'm positive you have bad breath. Most people have ignored you so far, but I don't believe in doing that. So I'm happy to let you know you're a tool anytime you come by.

[

Oh my gosh dude. If you only knew what he does for a living. He doesn't need to get ad revenue on a YouTube channel. lol.

I more annoyed he missed the spam-a-lot reference.... apparently I can make money off of YouTube? but you have to whore out to have commercials. No thanks ...

I understand that cross posting is annoying, so I'll stop. That being said, one thing is for certain, thank god, I am not like Bladerskb.... useless, butt stained, smelly armpit troll residue blader. On a separate note, big big leap forward on 17.48... I'lll post to my channel when I get some videos up.

I more annoyed he missed the spam-a-lot reference.... apparently I can make money off of YouTube? but you have to whore out to have commercials. No thanks ...

I understand that cross posting is annoying, so I'll stop. That being said, one thing is for certain, thank god, I am not like Bladerskb.... useless, butt stained, smelly armpit troll residue blader. On a separate note, big big leap forward on 17.48... I'lll post to my channel when I get some videos up.
Seriously - on the .48 improvements? I'm still stuck on .42. Good to hear it!

All jokes aside, this video is dedicated to @lunitiks, @calisnow, @BigD0g , and @TaoJones, I got .48 today, and it's better than the last.

Watch my video (you may need to go directly to the YouTube page if you don't see it embedded.....

The main point is that the entirety of the video is all autopilot.... even the warning beep at the beginning... the car slows and doesn't require me to take over and just continues the rest of the trip.

Put up the volume, increase the HD resolution.... put your feet up, and let an AP 2.0 grin give you some hope.

North Korea getting a nuclear warhead in an ICBM is concerning. Your favorite CEO not tweeting enough to please you is not concerning.

Everything is relative to context. North Korean ICBMs are not relevant to Tesla Motors Club Autonomous Vehicles sub-forum, Tesla's CEO's tweets on autonomy are. By the standard you mention (potential for annihilation), we should discuss nothing here, but shut TMC down...

List of fallacies - Wikipedia
Fallacy of relative privation ("not as bad as") – dismissing an argument or complaint due to the existence of more important problems in the world, regardless of whether those problems bear relevance to the initial argument. For example, First World problem.

Last edited:
The concerning part for me is not the timeline, I actually agree with Elon on the likely timeline (2-3 years)

The concerning part is the continuing delay between FSD announcements giving us any insight towards their progress. We haven't heard anything for a long time, and the length of time between information is continually growing.

Personally I find it still likely they are preparing the next big step in silence. We may get a big step anytime.

I would prefer transparency to silence, though, after all the incorrect info we were fed.

Transparent info on the status instead of extremes of public hubris or total silence... That would be a most welcome change, but alas that is not the Tesla way.

Secrecy is the Tesla way on everything negative at least.

Personally I find it still likely they are preparing the next big step in silence. We may get a big step anytime.

I would prefer transparency to silence, though, after all the incorrect info we were fed.

Transparent info on the status instead of extremes of public hubris or total silence... That would be a most welcome change, but alas that is not the Tesla way.

Secrecy is the Tesla way on everything negative at least.

This. But love the car and Supercharger network.

Secrecy is fine and understandable when there are no commitments associated to it. I understand keeping new products (e.g. Roadster) secret until unveil.

But AP2 has both customer-paid commitments and public missed announcements attached to it. Transparency would be very refreshing and welcome there. Some might even say ethically, morally necessary.

Impressed with your confidence @ 2m50s :eek:

No nags? Did you have your hands on for the whole time?
No nags, hands on wheel the whole time palms up, both hands at bottom of wheel, maybe that’s why I am so impressed with the new NN, it’s similar to what Hotz said, that the way to teach a car to be autonomous is to show the car how driving is actually done... he said it better than me just now.
So my hands are always on the wheels during videos, and I treat it like, “ok you can drive Tessie but if you steer the wheel beyond this point, I will grip hard and not jerk the wheel ... secret is to learn to not over correct the wheel when you disengage, put your car in “comfort” steering makes it easiest to break the engagement without feeling like you are jerking the car. Fisheye makes it look scary but it’s how you would drive that road .... the car seems to drive more and more like an attentive human.

He sells jeans at retail? I understand that can be lucrative.
Ha jeans! Love it.... calisnow made it sound like I’m a baller or something. I am more a shot caller, 20 inch blades on the impala.... call her get laid tonight....

Seriously though, I work for a living like most people. Nothing exciting about modeling underwear during the day and stripping in the evenings.... but it pays the bills

All jokes aside, this video is dedicated to @lunitiks, @calisnow, @BigD0g , and
@TaoJones, I got .48 today, and it's better than the last.

Watch my video (you may need to go directly to the YouTube page if you don't see it embedded.....

The main point is that the entirety of the video is all autopilot.... even the warning beep at the beginning... the car slows and doesn't require me to take over and just continues the rest of the trip.

Put up the volume, increase the HD resolution.... put your feet up, and let an AP 2.0 grin give you some hope.

Hah, you passed a red model S going the the other direction about half way through. Now if we could find that video on you tube and sync then up. I wish Tesla would add a wink option to cycle the LEDs on one side as you approach another Tesla.

Hah, you passed a red model S going the the other direction about half way through. Now if we could find that video on you tube and sync then up. I wish Tesla would add a wink option to cycle the LEDs on one side as you approach another Tesla.
Did you see the x in the video? I think I passed 3 Tesla’s

Reactions: Reciprocity