Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW2.5 capabilities

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you really need to spam your videos in multiple threads? Posting once is enough. Why not start your own thread?

The truth? The main reason I spam-a-lot is that I don't know which autopilot thread to post on, so I post on them all. Also, as an aspiring Shrimpy Spielsberg, I want as much feedback on the video as possible. I find it a challenge to both make people laugh AND do something different while demonstrating new functionality of various autopilot firmware.

The issue with a "Buttershrimp thread" is that I don't know if many folks would see the videos.

I'll try to focus on fewer threads and less spammy postings. As long as it's fun, I'll keep trying this thing out.

That's the point.

Look, I get you are trying to start a channel and make some ad revenue or whatever, but spamming is the worst way to do it. I normally down-vote spam and it seems like you just admitted you are spamming for views.
Oh jeez, jokes falling very flat today, I was using your word spam, so I said spam-a-lot as a reference to Monty python who did the word play instead of Camelot.

Now back to the matter of posting across threads, I’m not trying to make money off the videos, I didn’t even know that was possible, Nor do I plan to because that likely means crappy ads on my video....
I hear your view and the view of others, it’s become very annoying, so I will try to find a way to post videos without annoying the crap out of people.

Man, Shrimpin’ ain’t easy

That's the point.

Look, I get you are trying to start a channel and make some ad revenue or whatever, but spamming is the worst way to do it. I normally down-vote spam and it seems like you just admitted you are spamming for views.
I’ve changed my signature to say, view Buttershrimp’s latest video on YouTube, allowing folks to click instead of forced to eat shrimp. Let me know if that is less whorish...
Any song requests @banned-66611 ? (And don’t say something like “I’m a loser” by beck).... be more clever than that and I film a stretch for you

I was just looking around snapshotting code and noticed that there are more options for sensor filter types now (not sure since when):
Code:
UYVY
UNKNOWN
RCCC
RCCB
RGGB
So I guess there's a bit of a possibility that the hw2.5 cameras might be something different than RCCC after all? Or at least eventually? We really need to see a hw2.5 snapshot sample (it includes this info in the header).

I was just looking around snapshotting code and noticed that there are more options for sensor filter types now (not sure since when):
Code:
UYVY
UNKNOWN
RCCC
RCCB
RGGB
So I guess there's a bit of a possibility that the hw2.5 cameras might be something different than RCCC after all? Or at least eventually? We really need to see a hw2.5 snapshot sample (it includes this info in the header).

Isn't this perhaps for the back up camera? Is this the NN analyzing a video feed and applying the right filter for the video?

Again LMAO he does it again!

Elon Musk updates timeline for a self-driving car, but how does Tesla play into it?

Its so funny its sad.

Lets rehash shall we?

December 2017: "two years for full self driving"

March 2017: "I think that is about two years"

June 2016: ""I really consider autonomous driving a solved problem," he said. "I think we are probably less than two years away."

January 2016: "In ~2 years, summon should work anywhere connected by land & not blocked by borders, eg you're in LA and the car is in NY"

December 2015:
"We're going to end up with complete autonomy, and I think we will have complete autonomy in approximately two years."

Lmao dude been saying 2 years for 4 straight years.
9 months ago its was 2 years, now its still 2 years.
I bet next year when he's asked again it will also be 2 years again. Talk about dedicated snake oil salesman.

Its like the guys who keeps telling you everyday that he got you tomorrow but tomorrow never actually gets here till you finally give up and stop asking.

What's sad is that no one has the balls to call him out on these 2 years. But he does have alot of buyers like Fred.

"If Tesla can actually achieve this cross country trip, they will have achieved level 4 autonomy. The way I see it, it sounds like Tesla could enable level 4 autonomous driving over the next year under the “fully self-driving” option. Then, Tesla could gradually improve on the level 4 capabilities to eventually reach level 5 another year after level 4"

Hook, Line & Sinker.

Anyway the intriguing part is the new chip tesla is building which would probably be AP 3.0 right? Won't that render AP 2.5 useless?
Also He's now promising 100x better in three years which to me is code-word for AP 3.0 and i assume this will be apart of the AP 3.0 with new sensor suites?

Last edited:
The concerning part for me is not the timeline, I actually agree with Elon on the likely timeline (2-3 years)

The concerning part is the continuing delay between FSD announcements giving us any insight towards their progress. We haven't heard anything for a long time, and the length of time between information is continually growing.

The concerning part for me is not the timeline, I actually agree with Elon on the likely timeline (2-3 years)

The concerning part is the continuing delay between FSD announcements giving us any insight towards their progress. We haven't heard anything for a long time, and the length of time between information is continually growing.

And not to mention the HW keeps changing as well....