Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HW3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah Yeah Yeah... But who hasn't? You're also not supposed to defeat the hands on steering wheel. Except for not recognizing joggers It does a remarkably good job. Once I clear the particular development we're in I use AutoSteer all the time, except when I have to resume control i.e. first in line at a light or stop sign, if there is a turn to be made, if there is a jogger, etc. I haven't tried it with cars but was confident someone else would have. If they have a prayer of a chance and Musk wasn't speaking through his arse, they better get on the stick for something towards full self driving. The year is almost over, Oct-Nov-Dec. Yes, I know precisely what feature complete means. Hint, it doesn't mean GA. But if the entire FSD is feature complete we'd be seeing some portions of it. I haven't seen enhanced summons yet. I feel exceptionally bad for those who bought an S in 2012 being told in 12 months theirs would be FSD. I wonder if we were equally suckered. We're no longer talking a handful of really wealthy people, we're talking hundreds of thousands.

Having just taken delivery of my M3 with FSD this summer, I am pretty pleased with the steady stream of software improvements. That said I am not expecting any major improvements in FSD, until I have the HW3 upgrade (which they have just started doing), and the V10 software platform. If I don’t see significant progress then, I will be disappointed. Really hope to have both of these for the New Year.

Having just taken delivery of my M3 with FSD this summer, I am pretty pleased with the steady stream of software improvements. That said I am not expecting any major improvements in FSD, until I have the HW3 upgrade (which they have just started doing), and the V10 software platform. If I don’t see significant progress then, I will be disappointed. Really hope to have both of these for the New Year.
Congrats on your new car. No, there haven't even started on FSD yet. Having HW3 will not unlock anything. Based on comments Musk made to Ark, you can look up the youtube vid of it, FSD was guaranteed to be Feature Complete, essentially Software Development was done with writing and testing the code. Next it would go to QA, then internal beta, which it actually already is in. Then EAP (Early Acceptance Program). They have not in the last year I've owned one in one release dropped everything, they stage it. I would have hoped we'd see something As for V10. Late last fall they starting rolling out V9. I was pleasantly surprised when I picked up my car early Nov, it had V9. I am not certain I'd claim it works better now than it did then. We do have Chess and Dune Buggy and fireside since I picked up my car but, not being a teenager those 'features' do nothing for me. In V9 the car still can't hold the center of a lane. I don't see anyway there will be a robo fleet next year or L5 autonomy.

Somebody on Reddit says he saw a Model 3 SR+ that has a software limited LR battery.

It looks like Tesla has pulled all the stops to clear the inventory. On 19 Feb 2019, they had 10,848 unsold HW2.5 Model 3s. Here is the full list. I assume, all of these will be gone by the end of this month and they can move on with HW3.0. I would expect them to start HW3.0 Model 3 production with EU/Asia cars because those have long transit times. In each quarter, production starts with destinations furthest away and ends with California.

There is 0% chance any Tesla leaving the factory after 31 Mar 2019 will have HW2.5. Tesla will keep quiet about this for a while. Then we should see a blog post about HW3.0 between 10-17 Apr 2019.

Mine build and delivered during mid Jun'19 but came with HW2.5, Its M3SR+
Prior placing the order, during and after delivery(tech support) mentioned its HW3 but its not.
Tesla service at Sunnyvale CA confirmed its HW2.5, had conversation with their sales manager and they asked me to take 2nd opinion. I did with Santa Clara CA service center and they also confirmed the same.
More over SR+ range was mapped 220 miles not 240 starting from day 1.