Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HYEVOLT Titanium Lug Nuts - Affordable, Lightweight, and Strong! Survived One Lap of America!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just wanted to give a quick shout-out to a forum member and Tesla owner for building quality Titanium Lug Nuts at a reasonable price.

I own several sets of aftermarket wheels (Konig/Enkei/etc) that the stock 21mm lug nuts are too big for. I ended up ordering 3 different sets of 19mm black lug nuts at about $2-$4/nut and all of them had weak finishes, were heavy, and quickly rusted. It was really aggravating. So, I started to search for titanium nuts. I quickly found out that most of them are very expensive ($20/nut)! That's when I stumbled on @Gurujeff03

Lightweight - Check
Quality Finish - Check
Reasonably Priced - Check

I got them in the mail all individually packaged and man they looked sweet! Clear quality from the start. Well, after installation I immediately put almost 6,000 miles on them, ran at seven different racetracks around the eastern half of the country, and even ran over a deer. Despite the use of an impact gun the finish has held up nicely and they haven't loosened, cracked, or fallen off. I swapped out the wheels and tires for an Autocross this weekend and they're still performing admirably. I strongly recommend them if you are in need of aftermarket lug nuts - and even if you're not they're a great way to reduce rotating mass!

Check them out at www.hyevolt.com

PXL_20210412_223508513.jpg
PXL_20210512_193029141.jpg
PXL_20210522_201336308.MP.jpg
IMG_20210416_061306_891.jpg

If they are in stock, it's a reasonable price vs AliExpress. I just don't feel comfortable with titanium reaction with studs metal. Makes sense to do a real test and show results. And it would make sense to take an increased length studs - stock studs have no thread for spacers and aftermarket rotors. Other than that - 0.7lb rotational mass decrease per wheel is not bad if you change studs and nuts.

Reactions: 3geekfamily
If they are in stock, it's a reasonable price vs AliExpress. I just don't feel comfortable with titanium reaction with studs metal. Makes sense to do a real test and show results. And it would make sense to take an increased length studs - stock studs have no thread for spacers and aftermarket rotors. Other than that - 0.7lb rotational mass decrease per wheel is not bad if you change studs and nuts.
If you need a TUV certified lug nut there’s a company that offers it. Apparently their lug nuts are aerospace grade titanium.

Titanium doesn't react with anything, just like gold. They use titanium if they need to put parts in your body because it is a stable metal.

If you need a TUV certified lug nut there’s a company that offers it. Apparently their lug nuts are aerospace grade titanium.

I’ve got a set of the blue ones on order; I’ll snap some pics & post once I receive them, along with a comparison to UP’s Ti lugs in black that I’m currently running and quite happy with.

I’ve got a set of the blue ones on order; I’ll snap some pics & post once I receive them, along with a comparison to UP’s Ti lugs in black that I’m currently running and quite happy with.
I just received mine in black, well packaging and all the lug nuts are like the owner said, flawless… @TwoK4drSi TUV certified is anotherreason I got them.

Needs to do a full unboxing thread once my wheel arrive….
BC4679C7-7209-45F6-9FA9-286510E54B58.jpeg
77FAF7B9-64C6-4178-8BA2-628C8FB5BA87.jpeg
7ADF1501-78F8-4382-8E2A-0433E98F7898.jpeg

Reactions: Gimmethecash
I really wanted to get the Hyevolt ones. They are a good price and I thought it would be cool to support someone here, but the sizes just didn’t work for me. The short ones are just too short, but I thought 40 mm were too long, at least for me, for the SV 104. I wanted something a little shorter, more in the 30 to 35 mm range, so ended up going with the Titan 7 OWL black. I’m super happy with them, fit my tastes for length.