Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

HyperVolt Charge Points [megathread]

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's demo data. I contacted support and had them remove it from mine. Daft idea, especially when it's not user editable.
This gave me a mild heart attack also.

Bizarre idea, but I can forgive them for trying things when their customer service is so good, and as you’ve described browellm they will remove it if you ask.

Including the standard U.K. tariff makes sense in a way because it enabled them to turn the energy cost charts on, do some testing and give people a rough idea (instead of no idea) which is great for those of us with energy providers who don’t currently give a separate, day by day ev charging expenditure table in their app (like bulb).

Hey everyone, had my Hypervolt installed a few days ago and it looks great! I installed the app and paired it with my unit, but I'm a little concerned that I haven't even used it yet (M3LR doesn't arrive until 30/11) and it's showing a large expenditure already?
Hi jon8oy86,

Interested to know why you went for the Hypervolt over the Tesla Gen 3 Wall connector?

Currently trying to decide and can't see the difference

Thanks

Hi jon8oy86,

Interested to know why you went for the Hypervolt over the Tesla Gen 3 Wall connector?

Thanks
Hi, it was mainly due to the fact it was in stock with my installer and had all the features I want. Plus I really like the look of it, compares well with the Tesla Gen 3. Obviously would be nice to have the auto port-opener, but I can happily live without that.

My general feeling was I could spend months researching all the different chargers and get lost in the increasing number of options - the Hypervolt looks nice, has all the features I reasonably want, and was available to be installed quicky. It took less than 2 weeks to go from 1st conversation with Bumblebee to install - that will do for me!

Today, I had my Hypervolt installed, the installer did a great job - although the experience is being tainted by the charger seemingly not wanting to phone home (is connected according to my Hub) so can't use any of the "smart" features. Hypervolt support did say it can take upto 24hrs for it to register on their network, but i suspect a call in the morning is in order.

Does give off a nice blue glow for all to see.... snarf

charger.png

Reactions: Casss
Hi jon8oy86,

Thanks
Hi CluelessOwner,

Just to add to some of the info you’ve already had, here are some other points to consider when deciding on a charger..

Hypervolt home 2.0:

- have all the protection needed built in
- smart functionality (you can set up multiple charge schedules in the app)
- energy spend charts (with configurable day/night tariff being worked on for EOY
- look nice
- customisable external led
- chunky cable and solid connector
- ace customer service
- easy to lock remotely if you go away or are worried some cheeky so and so might pinch your volts if you leave it in plug and charge mode
- long warranty (5 years I think?!)
- 3 fascia colours (interchangeable also if you decide to change later)
- no noise
- no external display to get soggy/go wrong (perfect for the U.K. IMO)
- solidly built

The only downside for me is that if you care a lot about your home network security, you need to ringfence your charger because a concern has been raised about the raspberry pi used in unit being vulnerable to physical attacks. (Safe street or driveway I wouldn’t worry, the chances are slim that someone is going to wrench open your unit but it’s worth considering).

That said, I love ours, very happy with the purchase.

Reactions: Cossa
Today, I had my Hypervolt installed, the installer did a great job - although the experience is being tainted by the charger seemingly not wanting to phone home (is connected according to my Hub) so can't use any of the "smart" features. Hypervolt support did say it can take upto 24hrs for it to register on their network, but i suspect a call in the morning is in order.

Does give off a nice blue glow for all to see.... snarf

View attachment 736497
That looks clean!

Ours took a good few hours to show up on the mothership too. As long as you don’t have a firewall issue or something going on with your home network, it being connected your end probably means it’s fine 👍. If you do give them a ring in the morning though they can check and might ask you to switch it off and on again at the breaker 😉

Reactions: debrooker
I have been speaking to hypervolt over the last few days and had a quote from them for a hypervolt 2, they have put me in touch with a company to carry out the installation and will be speaking with them in the next few days.
One question I keep forgetting to ask and may be pointless but is about the product itself and location fitted.

The location it will be fitted is a Sun trap, in the height of summer the wall becomes hot to the touch as it's in the sun most of the day. I'm not really concerned about the charger, more the plastic it's made from. Will it withstand extreme temperature or become brittle and crack?
Anyone had any problems?

I have been speaking to hypervolt over the last few days and had a quote from them for a hypervolt 2, they have put me in touch with a company to carry out the installation and will be speaking with them in the next few days.
One question I keep forgetting to ask and may be pointless but is about the product itself and location fitted.

The location it will be fitted is a Sun trap, in the height of summer the wall becomes hot to the touch as it's in the sun most of the day. I'm not really concerned about the charger, more the plastic it's made from. Will it withstand extreme temperature or become brittle and crack?
Anyone had any problems?
In the U.K.? Probably no worries. Their warranties apply to the unit being installed outdoors, so I’m sure the materials and design will take into consideration the possibility of them being in direct sunlight for extended periods of time.

The fascias are thick plastic, but the “body” of the charger that mounts to the wall behind this is actually aluminium, and within that you have a plastic harness that contains and protects the innards (meaning you also have an air gap between the front of the fascia and the board/cables inside, but not from the wall behind)… it’s a really nicely designed and put together bit of kit so unless you’re from a place called “Leeds” in Morocco, it should be fine 😉

Reactions: Fury1
Hi CluelessOwner,

Just to add to some of the info you’ve already had, here are some other points to consider when deciding on a charger..

Hypervolt home 2.0:

- have all the protection needed built in
- smart functionality (you can set up multiple charge schedules in the app)
- energy spend charts (with configurable day/night tariff being worked on for EOY
- look nice
- customisable external led
- chunky cable and solid connector
- ace customer service
- easy to lock remotely if you go away or are worried some cheeky so and so might pinch your volts if you leave it in plug and charge mode
- long warranty (5 years I think?!)
- 3 fascia colours (interchangeable also if you decide to change later)
- no noise
- no external display to get soggy/go wrong (perfect for the U.K. IMO)
- solidly built

The only downside for me is that if you care a lot about your home network security, you need to ringfence your charger because a concern has been raised about the raspberry pi used in unit being vulnerable to physical attacks. (Safe street or driveway I wouldn’t worry, the chances are slim that someone is going to wrench open your unit but it’s worth considering).

That said, I love ours, very happy with the purchase.
Hi Casss,

Thank you for your reply - it's very useful and has helped convince me to go down the Hypervolt route.

Best

I had mine installed on monday but it seems like im having scheduled charging issues which seemed associated when increase the AMPS from 31 to 32 on the Tesla app. The first time i increased the AMPS the charger tripped after 3 hours on scheduled charge and then i the following 3 days i had no issues as i left the current on 31 AMPS however last night i increased it back up 32 on the Tesla app and it stopped charging at 2am when it should have charged until 4.30am. It didnt trip this time but there's no reason why it should have stopped. Is anyone else having this issue?

I had mine installed on monday but it seems like im having scheduled charging issues which seemed associated when increase the AMPS from 31 to 32 on the Tesla app. The first time i increased the AMPS the charger tripped after 3 hours on scheduled charge and then i the following 3 days i had no issues as i left the current on 31 AMPS however last night i increased it back up 32 on the Tesla app and it stopped charging at 2am when it should have charged until 4.30am. It didnt trip this time but there's no reason why it should have stopped. Is anyone else having this issue?
Did your installer tell you at any point that you were draw limited?

First port of call for me would always be to drop hypervolt a message or give them a call though and they’ll point you in the right direction.

Last edited:
Had my Hypervolt installed today by EVC Electrical Installation LTD. Absolutely faultless service from start to finish. They were the fastest (and only) company to reply to my enquiry, did a fab, clean job and have 100% 5* reviews on Google. Fully recommend for London & surrounding areas (I’m in Hertfordshire). Pics attached.

Attachments

• 87F8DCC6-291E-4866-B66B-9706BEE74C00.jpeg
    87F8DCC6-291E-4866-B66B-9706BEE74C00.jpeg
    823.1 KB · Views: 83
  • 5E1A96CF-2D8F-47CE-920C-C131A22391C0.jpeg
    5E1A96CF-2D8F-47CE-920C-C131A22391C0.jpeg
    948.2 KB · Views: 73
Just had my Hypervolt installed but the app doesn't seem to want to communicate yet. Keep getting verify network errors when I try and change something like the LED brightness. Is this normal and takes time to work or do I need to speak to them?