Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I-40 through Arkansas?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
V3 location in Lowell is almost complete! I had a friend in Springdale confirm for me yesterday. It's going in at the Workman's Travel Center.
Lowell isn't on I-40 though, so it doesn't really help for travel between Little Rock and OKC. But for those who want to follow progress on the Lowell location: Supercharger - Lowell, AR

BTW, in that thread, someone reported that the contractors are going to be working on 2 other supercharger locations along I-49 and/or I-40. Exact locations for those are as yet unknown, though someone else mentioned some info from one of the store employees that they thought the owner was going to have them put in at another location that was also owned near Clarkville. So, that might be one location.

Lowell isn't on I-40 though, so it doesn't really help for travel between Little Rock and OKC. But for those who want to follow progress on the Lowell location: Supercharger - Lowell, AR

BTW, in that thread, someone reported that the contractors are going to be working on 2 other supercharger locations along I-49 and/or I-40. Exact locations for those are as yet unknown, though someone else mentioned some info from one of the store employees that they thought the owner was going to have them put in at another location that was also owned near Clarkville. So, that might be one location.

Clarksville would be an amazing location! Thanks for the update!

Hello..

I wanted to respond after consulting this thread to consider my strategy while driving this route from Vegas to North Carolina.

On that route, the only “hole” is of course Ft Smith on I 40.

On the way out, I took the suggested routing OKC-Lowell-LIT, I 40... It worked fine.

The Lowell supercharger is excellent and the Workman’s serves hot food.

On the way back, in LIT I charged to 310 miles, pretty much my max on my 2019 long range M3 with 19 inch wheels...

I drove the 209 miles at 75 mph and reached Lowell with about 50 miles of battery left..

So, this is no problem with the “long range” cars..

That said, there is NO EXCUSE for Tesla not to have a supercharger at/around Ft Smith, AR.

Cheers

Hello..

I wanted to respond after consulting this thread to consider my strategy while driving this route from Vegas to North Carolina.

On that route, the only “hole” is of course Ft Smith on I 40.

On the way out, I took the suggested routing OKC-Lowell-LIT, I 40... It worked fine.

The Lowell supercharger is excellent and the Workman’s serves hot food.

On the way back, in LIT I charged to 310 miles, pretty much my max on my 2019 long range M3 with 19 inch wheels...

I drove the 209 miles at 75 mph and reached Lowell with about 50 miles of battery left..

So, this is no problem with the “long range” cars..

That said, there is NO EXCUSE for Tesla not to have a supercharger at/around Ft Smith, AR.

Cheers

Yes, preaching to the choir. :)

Adding one at Clarksville and another over the border in OK (say at Checotah) would be better than just one in Ft Smith, IMHO

They are building a SC in Workman's in Ozark coming this fall. I really doubt one will be put in Clarksville or Ft Smith anytime soon as Ozark is in the middle of the two. I would love Checotah, OK as I go that way from Lowell to DAL but there isn't anywhere good on I-40 there. Henryetta will almost certainly be a SC location as it is used for both OKC to LIT and TUL to DAL.

They're *supposed to* be putting one in Ozark this year. Also Forrest City and Jonesboro (IIRC, and not on I-40). But I wouldn't bet on them getting done ... I don't understand what is the problem in Arkansas but that state has few DCFC opportunities. For those of us in TN, it means we essentially cannot head west of Little Rock readily, and cannot go west of Fort Smith without extreme care.

Reactions: imola.zhp
I don’t understand the choice for Ozark. That is really out of the way in you want to take I40 east to I49 north towards the Lowell supercharger. Almost 50 extra miles.

Alma would be better, as close as possible to I40 and I49 junction.

even the workman’s travel center at I49 and 282 would be less out of the way for all directions of travel.

I guess if Henryetta, OK happens it will be doable, but still not ideal.

There is a new Super Charger (not on the Tesla map yet) at Ozark, Arkansas. Exit 35 at the I-40 Travel Center on the east side. I tried to charge today, but it doesn't seem to be active yet. Get a bite at the Hillbilly Hideout...good food!

Attachments

• 20200901_182827.jpg
    20200901_182827.jpg
    408.7 KB · Views: 70
  • Informative
Reactions: K3Man and mociaf9