Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I absolutely Love driving my Tesla

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
You took the words right out of my mouth.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190909-201311_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20190909-201311_Gallery.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 85
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Haha! I read “walking away” and thought you were referring to leaving the car running because you are used to just getting out of the Model 3 without worrying about turning it off. This has happened to me a couple of times, put it into park, brake and open the door..... ooopps
LOL. The other way around for me. I've gotten into the Saab and realized that I didn't have the keys. HAH! We're getting spoiled by our 3's. Imagine that... :D
:cool:

• Funny
Reactions: T3SLAROD

Absolutely!!
It’s even a joy to drive to work, traffic jams are so low stress with FSD and tons of entertainment options.

The last time I was challenged was 3 months ago. I was in Oil City, Pennsylvania on the second day I had owned the Tesla Performance 3. I had an older pickup truck revving for me at the stoplight. I was experimenting with 'Chill mode' and that was the last time I would do that. I still beat my self up knowing I could have smoked him and yet, could not. The chill mode will not let you do a fast acceleration. So there is some pickup truck driver out there that thinks he can outperform a Tesla. I cannot believe it was now 3 months ago, I guess I am not out driving enough to fully enjoy my Telsa Performance.

Be interesting to hear comments in a few years when these cars are reaching 100, 150, 200K+ miles. I'm looking forward to a lot of miles over the years..... with no engine oil leaks. ;)
In 1967 I bough a new Mustang and it became my daily driver car for 40 years and 500,000 miles (three engines). Mostly on the southern Cal I10. I am experiencing that same magic today with my M3 AWD. Euphoric pride and driving joy.

The only complaint I have is that it can’t defy the law of physics and find enough space on a lane change during the rush hour crawl on autopilot on the I10 or 405. I found a “Tesla” solution: I slow down a bit, creating some space in front of me, looking for a gap in the adjacent lane ahead and then go full acceleration, jumping into. AKA SUPER MAD MAX! only in a Tesla!!!! Pure joy!

I also feel the same. I keep finding myself driving slower than I used to, just enjoying the ride. Sat at a light yesterday, noticing all the nasty fumes coming out of all the cars around me. Never going back to gas

I love this thread. So much.

I had the same feeling driving the other day. I’ve never enjoyed driving more. It’s a perfect sensation and always puts a smile on my face.

got challenged for the first time in my second week of driving the car at a red light heading onto the freeway. BMW M3. He rolled his window down. Obviously, coming from a Toyota Prius...this was all VERY NEW FOR ME. I have a stealth performance. If he knows cars, he didn’t know mine was that fast. I smoked him. It was...awesome.

I here you, so fun to drive! One day my husband and I were at a light next to a kia who thought they were going to take us. Was perfect, my husband looked over at me and said “as if” and then blew them away. We have a Mercedes as well, which is quite swift but the model 3 is an entirely different vehicle. We named our car Trinity in honor of the Matrix given such amazing agility! Oh, and before we got our M3, I I had nooo idea how fast Teslas were. So, generally - I think people think they have less gusto given electric. Fun to show them otherwise. Enjoy! [

QUOTE="Ultron, post: 4276502, member: 108804"]I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.[/QUOTE]
I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 performance and thinking how much I loved driving the car. From the way the steering wheel feels in my hand to the effortless and instant power response. That feeling you haI am with youve when you're stopped at a red light and you know whoever is next to you you can just smoke their ass. :) For anybody that thinks electric cars will take away the enjoyment of driving have obviously never driven a model 3. This is one purchase that I never had any buyers remorse and will never go back to ice.
I am way with you. There’s a reason why my license plate says Trinity because I am reminded of the matrix and how fast and how slow and agile

I’m doing the same. Trading in our Acura MDX, great car but can’t compete with an EV.

I was driving home from work Friday in my Model 3 and thinking how much I loved my girlfriend. From the way how she feels in my hand to how we have fun and love each other. That feeling you have when you're stopped at a red light and you have time to kiss each other ❤️ For anybody that thinks electric cars are more important than real love, to live en enjoy with your girlfriend. This is my love that I never will forget and will never go back to ice.
By the way I drive a Tesla 3, but there is more in life than a car.

LOL. The other way around for me. I've gotten into the Saab and realized that I didn't have the keys. HAH! We're getting spoiled by our 3's. Imagine that... :D
:cool:

I have parked and walked away from other cars only to come back to them unlocked and still idling. The whole pushing a button to shut off and pushing another button lock the car has become foreign to me, and so "old-fashioned".

The funny thing is that everyone else know you can wax them so no one ever wants to race off the light or try to cut in front of you on a ramp. They just back off or pull over and let you pass. As a result I drive less aggressively in my Tesla.
The funny thing is that everyone else know you can wax them so no one ever wants to race off the light or try to cut in front of you on a ramp. They just back off or pull over and let you pass. As a result I drive less aggressively in my Tesla.
I had 2 jokers one in a Lexus something & a small souped up nothing try to challenge me..they saw what they thought was an old lady behind the wheel...uhmmm...MB sent me to their test track in Atlanta once b/c they were so impressed with my skills behind the wheel...Needless to say they learned not to mess with a Tesla or what they perceive as an old lady!!

I'm 'only' 58, but I love my car SO MUCH. It ain't healthy, but I can't help it! Really enjoyed this thread, it helped release some of my Tesla-love. Might give my family a break from hearing me rave. I try to control myself and just repeat 'oh! That car...!!!'. But really, there's so much more to say! And this, after a year and 11k miles. And it just keeps getting better and better! No other car brand can say that.

• Love
Reactions: Bblsttx and jboy210