Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am looking for someone to remove the center seat in my 7 seat MX.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'd recommend not using this guy...
Seat removal guy.jpg

It can come out. The question is how complete are you looking to do the seat-delete. There are sensors/cables connecting to the seat. If you remove the seat you will get warnings on your dash. If you don't care the warnings I am pretty sure most auto shops can take it off.

TSportline customized Dr Tara's "T-Rex" Model-X. It started as a 7-seat and became a 6-seat X. They didn't publicize the seat extraction too much, so maybe it wasn't a great alteration. 3rd party alterations can cause issues because the seat has lots of sensors and if the software configuration isn't updated by Tesla, you may get a lot of alerts and warnings (e.g. seat isn't latched).

In this job, they decided not to include the seat latch to provide a more flat and better finished look. The drawback was one has to dismiss the seat latch warning every time you take it out of park.

For more info, check out this thread.

BTW, I asked Tesla to change one (cosmetic) flag in my X's configuration so that the wheels on the console (and app) show up as 22" matte (to match my powder-coated wheels). They never responded, mind you I never followed-up either since it wasn't a big deal to me.

Last edited:
4-seater looks amazing! The second row in a 7-seater is manual. I wish Tesla had made it removable (by normal Joes) like a minivan's seats. Even better...make the 3rd row seats captain's chairs that can slide forward and fully recline. Between that and v10 Netflix, my wife can go shopping for as loooooong as she wants.
if that
Late to the game here but this might be what you're looking for:

Seat Assembly - 2nd Row - LH (Remove and Install)
Thank you. I think now i figured out how to removed the two bolts that i was having problems with.