Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am refusing delivery of my CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Lol no arguments here ...I have been reading a lot of these CPO threads etc ...yes folks have different perceptions of “perfect” ...but The price of the car based on what is was originally is nearly half off ..can those cosmetic things be fixed ? Absolutely ...I would be more concerned on mechicals etc ...the P85D is a special car ::.kinda wish I kept mine :oops:

Lol no arguments here ...I have been reading a lot of these CPO threads etc ...yes folks have different perceptions of “perfect” ...but The price of the car based on what is was originally is nearly half off ..can those cosmetic things be fixed ? Absolutely ...I would be more concerned on mechicals etc ...the P85D is a special car ::.kinda wish I kept mine :oops:

I completely understand man . I read and read and read until I found a MS that would fit my price point and not put me in financial issues. I am now slowly making my own cosmetic changes to it. I know this person is feeling like *sugar* thinking about the car. Tesla’s are great vehicles and all anyone on this site wants is to help our fellow man/woman by telling them what we’ve dealt with so they may avoid the heartaches we’ve experience. Thanks for your insight. Your changed my view point.

• Love
Reactions: croman and P85_DA
I have a 2015 MS 85KWH with 39k miles in Pearl White. It has the sunroof, AP1 (which I love to use) and all the bells and whistles I would need. I wish I knew more about Tesla's first hand or had a buddy to tell me NOT to miss out on getting one with the premium pack, heated steering wheel, and better sound but I still love this car and wasn't ready for all the attention I get from having it.

Attachments

• IMG_3733.JPG
    IMG_3733.JPG
    482 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_3732.JPG
    IMG_3732.JPG
    501 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_3731.JPG
    IMG_3731.JPG
    453.5 KB · Views: 77
  • Love
This is not an excuse, but those rock chips on the hood are nearly unavoidable in Teslas, aside from some serious wrap protection. The paint on these cars is paper thin. My hood looks like a warzone after 120K miles and I really have no recourse from a poor decision to not wrap the ENTIRE hood :(

• Helpful
Reactions: croman
I have a 2015 MS 85KWH with 39k miles in Pearl White. It has the sunroof, AP1 (which I love to use) and all the bells and whistles I would need. I wish I knew more about Tesla's first hand or had a buddy to tell me NOT to miss out on getting one with the premium pack, heated steering wheel, and better sound but I still love this car and wasn't ready for all the attention I get from having it.

Wow beautiful !!! Glad to see anotherb Pearl White without a dechrome lol :oops:

Reactions: glewis83186
...not sure why folks get worked up over this when Tesla tells you up front ...yah no merc would look like this CPO but than again a Merc is not a Tesla ...there is a market and price for everything these things will sell ...at close to 50% deprecation hit ...:eek:

People don't want to spend many tens of thousands of dollars and wind up with something that looks pretty awful. If Tesla doesn't want to make these cars look like nearly new, they'll be priced as the “fixer upper” project cars that they are. My understanding is that one commits to the blind purchase then is expected to accept regardless of cosmetic condition. The purchaser isn't given representative photos nor they see the car before the purchase. They don't even get an accurate description of the necessary repairs.

This car looks as if it has seen some abuse. How do you get large deep paint scratches on top of the outside mirrors?

Expecting the purchaser to blindly pay top dollar for a premium car with 20,000 miles then presenting them with something that needs body shop paint repair, to me, seems nuts. Consumers don't have the expertise to judge what's going to be necessary to return this finish to showroom condition.

Some people may not care about the rashed wheels or whopping big paint scratches. I'd care. I'd want to know before buying the car. I'd want it delivered clean, in good repair, inside and out. If there is a defect, cosmetic or otherwise, I'd want it carefully disclosed before purchase.

It seems to me that if Tesla cannot be bothered to do all this, they have no business selling used cars. Maybe they should form a used car division that only concerns itself with used Teslas, can make minor paint repairs, clean the cars, and accurately let people know exactly what it is that's being sold.

So why get worked up? Because these things are expensive. They are premium cars. They should look it.

...these are used cars ...top dollar ? How about $130k+ brand new(P85D) ...these are bargains compared to new prices and I would hardly call these fixer uppers ....Why would Tesla refurb these cars ?? As it is they don’t even wrap new cars being delivered :cool:

these are used cars ...top dollar

They are top dollar on the Tesla used market compared to other dealers or private sellers. No one shopping used is comparing to new prices - that would be crazy. The point being Tesla charges more for CPOs than other dealers and you aren’t guaranteed a nicer car. Might as well not buy from Tesla anymore, honestly. Very little advantage to doing so anymore.

• Love
They are top dollar on the Tesla used market compared to other dealers or private sellers. No one shopping used is comparing to new prices - that would be crazy. The point being Tesla charges more for CPOs than other dealers and you aren’t guaranteed a nicer car. Might as well not buy from Tesla anymore, honestly. Very little advantage to doing so anymore.

The main reason is the warranty. You cannot get that from a dealer only through Tesla.

The main reason is the warranty. You cannot get that from a dealer only through Tesla.

Agreed. But not all CPOs have the full 4 year warranty. And if you are buying a low mileage car, the CPO warranty has less value, as you will get the balance of the original warranty even if you buy from a dealer.

I have said this in a lot of other posts, but the game changer is going to be CarMax. They let you buy a very good extended warranty on every single car they sell, including their Teslas. If they expand the program, that is where we will buy our next Model S.

Reactions: glewis83186
How can anyone sell Tesla warranties when only Tesla can work on a car.

Is Tesla going to allow Carmax to sell ESA on their cars?, if so that's pretty awesome.
I don’t think it would be a Tesla esa. The CarMax warranty is awesome, take it to a dealer and pay the $100 and they fix it. Now I have no idea how that would work with Tesla in practice though.

I don’t think it would be a Tesla esa. The CarMax warranty is awesome, take it to a dealer and pay the $100 and they fix it. Now I have no idea how that would work with Tesla in practice though.

Right, Carmax would not sell a Tesla ESA they would sell their own but it would be weird because it's not like you can take a Tesla anywhere it has to go to a Tesla SC. So is Tesla going to all someone else to sell ESA for their cars?