Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I am refusing delivery of my CPO

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So those of you looking for an CPO that HAS been refurbished, I am selling mine. After passing on 3 cars like the OP I finally found this one. Not all, but most CPO cars for sale are trashed. Mine is NOT...it was one of the last P85D's to be refurbished and only has two small rock chips, with new tires and a new drivers seat!. New X coming next month and I need to sell it asap. Selling it for bellow what I paid a month ago!. Because I am on this site all the time I would not be pushing it in here but this car is in amazing condition and I would love to see a fellow member buy it. No hassles no drama, it's parked and ready to go!

2014 TESLA MODEL S P85D CPO

Damn that's a good price. I sold a rebuilt title 2015 with 30k miles, grey seats and rear executive seats for just a little over 60.

I purchased a P85D via CPO program and I looked at pics to! Mine was is much better condition and it had everything on it including a front wrap that precious over put on. On the website and details there was no mention about the car having Ludacris on it but after looking in the pics, I saw the underscore and I asked the sales rep to verify by checking the vehicle and sure enough, it has ludacris. That was not included in the price becuase they didnt know it had it. The rep said that once vehicle is made and something is added after, it sometimes is not listed in the vehicle description so they miss it. Moral of the story is, find the right CPO for you. There are plenty out there. If you need help, please dont hesitate to PM me, I'd love to help. The people I worked with were amazing and upfront with the entire process. Hope this helps! But dont give up on CPO vehicles, they can save you tons of money, get you an amazing car, and get an extended 4 year 50k warranty.

I purchased a P85D via CPO program and I looked at pics to! Mine was is much better condition and it had everything on it including a front wrap that precious over put on. On the website and details there was no mention about the car having Ludacris on it but after looking in the pics, I saw the underscore and I asked the sales rep to verify by checking the vehicle and sure enough, it has ludacris. That was not included in the price becuase they didnt know it had it. The rep said that once vehicle is made and something is added after, it sometimes is not listed in the vehicle description so they miss it. Moral of the story is, find the right CPO for you. There are plenty out there. If you need help, please dont hesitate to PM me, I'd love to help. The people I worked with were amazing and upfront with the entire process. Hope this helps! But dont give up on CPO vehicles, they can save you tons of money, get you an amazing car, and get an extended 4 year 50k warranty.

Despite all of our concerns with the CPO cars, we are still looking for a car in decent condition but the problem is you don't know what they are selling and they don't disclose the damage to the car on the car listings. We have not been able to obtain high resolution interior and exterior photos to really see the condition of the car and from what we can tell with the low resolution photos, the quality is getting worse as cars in decent shape are bought leaving behind damaged vehicles :(

I guess we will keep refusing cars until we find one in decent shape or hopefully we will find a private party vehicle for sale so we can actually have some transparency and faith in what it is that we are buying.

Reactions: davidc18
Despite all of our concerns with the CPO cars, we are still looking for a car in decent condition but the problem is you don't know what they are selling and they don't disclose the damage to the car on the car listings. We have not been able to obtain high resolution interior and exterior photos to really see the condition of the car and from what we can tell with the low resolution photos, the quality is getting worse as cars in decent shape are bought leaving behind damaged vehicles :(

I guess we will keep refusing cars until we find one in decent shape or hopefully we will find a private party vehicle for sale so we can actually have some transparency and faith in what it is that we are buying.

Where are you located? Anywhere near Chicago? I have an amazing rep out in Chicago that is very upfront and honest. First car I looked at he said Nope, do get it becuase of this and this and this. He gives honest opinion and offers transparency as best as he can. Whatever pics you need he gets you. Trust me I was sceptical as well but got it done through him and I was really happy and got more than what I thoug I'd get for same price! Let me know. I would love to help you get a Tesla. You strictly looking for P85D in $70k price range? Pano roof or moonroof? Mileage? I'll help you look. If there is anything wrong with the vehicle, tesla will fix it for you. My car felt rough when I braked and I took it back in and they did another check on the car, re did alignment, placed new front rotors and cleaned back rotors, placed new wipers on for me and more. Also, car came with new tires and breaks!

Reactions: Mickie
Where are you located? Anywhere near Chicago? I have an amazing rep out in Chicago that is very upfront and honest. First car I looked at he said Nope, do get it becuase of this and this and this. He gives honest opinion and offers transparency as best as he can. Whatever pics you need he gets you. Trust me I was sceptical as well but got it done through him and I was really happy and got more than what I thoug I'd get for same price! Let me know. I would love to help you get a Tesla. You strictly looking for P85D in $70k price range? Pano roof or moonroof? Mileage? I'll help you look. If there is anything wrong with the vehicle, tesla will fix it for you. My car felt rough when I braked and I took it back in and they did another check on the car, re did alignment, placed new front rotors and cleaned back rotors, placed new wipers on for me and more. Also, car came with new tires and breaks!

Thanks for the offer! Can you please PM the information? Might as well post it here on this thread for the benefit of others in my situation. The experience we've had is the opposite described by you. We can't even get an email reply back with information about the car.

What you describe sounds like heaven: Clear communication, photos, ensure car is in great shape... Are you sure this is a Tesla employee and not a car dealer?! :rolleyes:

You made an excellent call, good job. If more cars are presented like this, and more people refuse, Tesla will do something about it. My brother had similar road rashes and scratches. His wife's friend's younger brother who works at Best Buy that repairs as best he can as a HOBBY. Paid 350 bucks and this guy did a thousand times better than Tesla did. All Tesla has to do is setup a CPO car exterior repair center that takes car of scratches, minor dings, road rash and minor interior blemishes and scratches. There are a TON of young people who are doing this already and would love to work 9 to 5 on it, and leave their boring jobs.

Reactions: PhilDavid
You made an excellent call, good job. If more cars are presented like this, and more people refuse, Tesla will do something about it. My brother had similar road rashes and scratches. His wife's friend's younger brother who works at Best Buy that repairs as best he can as a HOBBY. Paid 350 bucks and this guy did a thousand times better than Tesla did. All Tesla has to do is setup a CPO car exterior repair center that takes car of scratches, minor dings, road rash and minor interior blemishes and scratches. There are a TON of young people who are doing this already and would love to work 9 to 5 on it, and leave their boring jobs.

Absolutely! Even the shadiest car dealer does this kind of refurbishing so they can present a car in respectable condition. Also, it would cost Tesla a lot less to do refurbishing in a large scale because they essentially pay wholesale rates and they can acquire parts needed at cost.

I wish they would just establish 3 or 4 "CPO Centers" across the country where they do all refurbishing in-house so you can just go there, look at all the vehicles, select the car to buy, pat for it, and either drive it home or make delivery arrangements. That would be better than this current mess in every possible way.

Reactions: mdevp
Thanks for the offer! Can you please PM the information? Might as well post it here on this thread for the benefit of others in my situation. The experience we've had is the opposite described by you. We can't even get an email reply back with information about the car.

What you describe sounds like heaven: Clear communication, photos, ensure car is in great shape... Are you sure this is a Tesla employee and not a car dealer?! :rolleyes:

Yes of course. Here is his contact info.

Brent Seavey | Used Vehicle Sales Advisor, Midwest/Central U.S.
50 W Ogden Ave | Westmont, IL 60559
w 847-579-0028 x 72102 / m 630-849-4233 | [email protected]

Contact him once you see a car on the website or just call him and let him know what you are looking for. He is very honest and upfront. Tell him Dr. Younan from Wisconsin gave you the contact info and need help finding the right car. I would honestly look online first and then send him some VINs of cars you like. Schedule a day to see them or ask for photos and his option. Trust me, his option of the cars are honest and golden. He told me to pass on cars becuase of some conditions or he thought were priced to high for the vehicle. I got a great car and great deal and they got my CPO delivered to me in under 6 days!!! Really awesome guy.

• Informative
I refused delivery on a new order, paint had numerous defects. Dealership was more than willing to apply my deposit to another car and not charge me anything or even give me a hard time about the defective one. They were understanding and appreciated that I had high standards for quality.

• Informative
Anyone refuse delivery of CPO lately? I would think it happens more often now that they don't let you see b/f ordering?

Is it easy to move deposit over to another CPO/ new? I've moved it once already from new to CPO.

I am looking for a CPO S now and my 75D lease ends soon. Looking for 90D. Whoever gets my 75D will get a car pampered for 3 years but with 45k miles......as long as Tesla doesn't somehow scratch it up while selling it. This CPO process should be so much easier.