Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I cannot access central control screen pad while sitting in passenger seat and charging

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The central control screen keep showing car is charging while I sit in the passenger side of car. Every touch on the control pad, nothing changes. But when I open the passenger car, I am able touch and access central control screen pad again. But when I close the passenger car and sitting there, I cannot access again and show charging window. The screen just keep showing charging screen. Is this by design or software problem that my car has? thanks

Can you try to buckle the driver seat, before seating inside.
Seat on the driver seat and press on the barke pedal, and exit the car and close the door.

I did this to keep the car in Neutral. I cannot test about the driver seat right now
but this might be a possibility for keeping the central screen alive.

It's probably done so only the driver really has control of certain aspects of the car. Sometimes people have their kids (out of car seats) sitting in the front with them and wouldn't want them changing up things. But I've been in my passenger seat when my husband drove my car and ran in to get something at a store and found I was locked out of doing some things even if I had my phone key and card key on me.

The central control screen keep showing car is charging while I sit in the passenger side of car. Every touch on the control pad, nothing changes. But when I open the passenger car, I am able touch and access central control screen pad again. But when I close the passenger car and sitting there, I cannot access again and show charging window. The screen just keep showing charging screen. Is this by design or software problem that my car has? thanks

If you sit in the passenger seat with al the doors closed, just push down hard on the driver seat cushion to activate the pressure sensor.

This worked for me