Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I drive my Model X (non Performance) more spirited than I ever drove my Performance Model 3

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
And if the over the air 5% update makes the 0 - 60 in 4.0 seconds too fast for you, you will have to downgrade to the older gen Model S or X, (which I still love those cars), instead of manipulating the pedal to slow the car down. It's gonna be an expensive lifestyle....constantly downgrading cars as more OTA updates keep increasing performance.

It's 3% on Raven. And you'll barely notice the difference on daily driving (based on what was released so far). If you don't like the topic why not find something else to do with your spare time. Suggesting the Model 3 add one more Acceleration curve, like their other performance cars have always had, harms nobody. And there are others here that would like that option. Comments like yours above help nobody.

Last edited:
You're right I don't own a Model 3 Performance any more. You can also check my history of contributions of simple mods for Model 3. And some of my issues with the Model X. I see you have long history of contributions to the forum and have never probably driven a Tesla with a ~4.4s acceleration curve. So how would you even know? By the looks of your history you don't even have a Tesla. Here is my for sale listing.

Ok, Ok. Have your 4.4 second setting. Fine. Buttons are cheap.

But I will be very unhappy, and complain endlessly, if I don't get my 3.5 second for my wife, who thinks the 3.0 is just a little quick now it's been upgraded, but really liked how it used to be before the power bumps.

And a 5 for my son who who drives occasionally, but wouldn't be seen dead in a car in 'Chill' mode.

Reactions: mswlogo
Ok, Ok. Have your 4.4 second setting. Fine. Buttons are cheap.

But I will be very unhappy, and complain endlessly, if I don't get my 3.5 second for my wife, who thinks the 3.0 is just a little quick now it's been upgraded, but really liked how it used to be before the power bumps.

And a 5 for my son who who drives occasionally, but wouldn't be seen dead in a car in 'Chill' mode.

Buttons are cheap. I'd probably be happy with a 5.0, it doesn't need to be exactly 4.4. But the current Min and Max seems a bit extreme.

On a side note, the Model X Raven now has a sport mode for the active suspension. It makes an amazing amount of difference when hustling down either curvy back roads or in high speed sweepers. The car really hunkers down, responds quicky and with much improved control when the large car generates side forces. Perhaps one the the greatest improvement in the handling of the Model X since inception.
Then when you are done having fun, you simply switch back to comfort and the car becomes a smooth runner. Jeckle and Hyde kind of thing.

Reactions: jebinc
On a side note, the Model X Raven now has a sport mode for the active suspension. It makes an amazing amount of difference when hustling down either curvy back roads or in high speed sweepers. The car really hunkers down, responds quicky and with much improved control when the large car generates side forces. Perhaps one the the greatest improvement in the handling of the Model X since inception.
Then when you are done having fun, you simply switch back to comfort and the car becomes a smooth runner. Jeckle and Hyde kind of thing.

Can I have that button, on my 3. It's just a button isn't it, that cheap isn't it...;)

Last Update.
IMG_8771 3.jpeg

Reactions: Andrew_SE23
Without making polarizing statements I will add that I have to drive on chill mode for any trip of length so that I don't make my 5 soon to be 6 year old son nauseous. He gets motion sickness pretty easily and being aggressive with the accelerator has definitely made him turn green a few times.

The new update definitely has much improved throttle mapping for LR AWD (can't speak to others.)

Honestly not certain whether you're trolling, or what, but :rolleyes:

So, your fine-motor skillz aren't adequate to control the Model 3P's acceleration? Ohhhkayyy, but did you test-drive it before you bought it??

By contrast, I find that the accelerator response is SO perfectly tuned and predictable that I'm smoother driving this car than any I've owned previously.

But, like I mentioned initially, I'm glad that the Model X suits you better and that you're happy.

Yeah I'm confused too.
The point of an accelerator pedal is so you can control how fast you want to go. I can happily pick how fast I want to accelerate in the car. I can accelerate from 0-60 in 6 seconds or 10 seconds, if I feel like it, I just don't push down on the pedal as much.

But as others have said, glad you found the best Tesla for you .

You're right I don't own a Model 3 Performance any more. You can also check my history of contributions of simple mods for Model 3. And some of my issues with the Model X. I see you have long history of contributions to the forum and have never probably driven a Tesla with a ~4.4s acceleration curve. So how would you even know? By the looks of your history you don't even have a Tesla. Here is my for sale listing.

2018 Model 3 Performance (Stealth with FSD) MSM

And nobody is asking for 7 acceleration curves. I was asking for 3 instead of the wide spread of just two for the Performance Model 3. I think a Model S/X Performance with Ludicrous has like 4 modes.

It's already been done. I know how outrageously priced buttons are these days. Aren't white pixels more expensive than grey/blue ones?

tesla-model-s-hatchback-6a8048466fd7.jpg

You are in the minority. Most people are agreeing with me. I only have 2 levels on my Model X but Standard is where I prefer to be ~4.4s (which is quite a bit faster than any Chill mode). On the Model 3 Performance, Chill was closer to where I wanted to be for daily driving. There is a huge difference between Chill and Sport on Performance Model 3 (3s vs 7s), that is ludicrous !!. I think it should have an additional mode of somewhere around 4-5s. Or just make it a slide control and let you select any curve between Chill and Sport (that might not be so easy though, that may involve many distinct parameters for each "mapping").

most people aren't agreeing with you.

You also completely ignored my post where I pointed out that those settings are the exact same as a P3D (chill and sport). Sport in a Raven Model S P100D is just as fast as sport in a P3D. Ludicrous is launch control, not throttle mapping. Ludicrous+ is battery warming, again NOTHING to do with throttle mapping.