Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I go to my S 100D today. No vanity mirrors or upgraded MCU

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Are you saying the Model S does not have vanity mirrors? Guess that explains why so few women drive Teslas. My ex-wife would have never allowed us to have a vehicle without them. But even my youngest niece's Corolla has them. Tesla oversight? Guess they should have invited women to some comment forums.before they finalized the design. LOL...

• Disagree
Reactions: jaguar36
ROFL!!! Tesla's do not have vanity mirror lights? Seriously? What are women supposed to do at night? Shine their phone flashlights on their faces? A $75,000 and up car without a common feature in every new sedan on the planet. Heck even my '98 convertible has dual LIGHTED vanity mirrors. They still work too.

Public consumer forums are held for valid reasons. Here is a prime example why all auto manufacturers should conduct them. The redesigned Ford Explorer in the mid 90's and the Ford Expedition that soon followed were built specifically with women in mind and in response to their complaints with other vehicles. And we sold a gazillion of them. Hear that Tesla?

Here is a prime example why all auto manufacturers should conduct them. The redesigned Ford Explorer in the mid 90's and the Ford Expedition that soon followed were built specifically with women in mind and in response to their complaints with other vehicles. And we sold a gazillion of them. Hear that Tesla?

How many of those rolled over and killed people?

I hope they are not using old spec parts when new parts run out on the assembly line. I know Tesla wants to post maximum numbers for quartely deliveries, but expectations of new customers have been set based on the current spec and what is posted on the forum. My Model S is scheduled to go into production this week and I expect to receive at least what earlier builds provided - definately not less.

Congrats on your new car!! Welcome to Tesla. I know there are many apologists for Tesla, but this is very common and widely disliked. You need to be happy the EXACT day you order your car because they may change major specs without any notice or warning. No product cycle means stuff like this is super common. I love my car, but I am terrified to replace it. It would would bother me if a major interior refresh happens 3 months after I get my new car... Thank goodness this is not a major change to battery or appearance...

Reactions: nsxpert
I hope the new upgraded MCU news will encourage everyone to be vocal about voicing the demand for getting a retrofit. Tesla has listened once before by offering free uncorking to distance S/X models from the 3. With the processor upgrade, they'll just be making Model S/X achieve parity with Model 3 MCU performance so, it should be offered for free as well, especially for newer models built within the last year but I don't mind paying for it either.

Sorry to hear you are disappointed. It looks like cars produced around Feb gets the new vanity mirror lights and at the very end of Feb (after factory shut down) gets the new MCU. With you being in Canada it means the car was produced a lot earlier, even before the new lighted mirrors.

• Informative
Reactions: JPUConn and Bebop
I feel a bit cheated and sad.

Edit: I meant "I got."
Whatever you do, don't feel cheated.
Tesla updates something literally every month, so whenever you get your car you're gonna start missing out on stuff you would've had if you'd waited.
BUT! You can't wait forever! You gotta grab your car and start enjoying it. When it's time for your next car you'll get whatever they're up to then.
Enjoy your spaceship now!