TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

I guess I can relax now. First door ding.

Discussion in 'Model S: Interior & Exterior' started by mobe, Nov 20, 2015.

1. mobe

mobe Member

#1 mobe, Nov 20, 2015
    Last edited: Nov 20, 2015
    I work at a hospital and I always park at the very end because I realize most folks are naturally lazy and will go for the spots closest to the door. This morning I went out to get in the car and noticed red paint on my drivers side rear door and a nice door ding right on the upper style line. Good thing I'm off for the next three days because there is only one red truck that parks in that lot. The three days will let me cool off a bit so I don't end up in an anger management seminar!

2. Max*

Max* Autopilot != Autonomous

IBT should've gotten xpel ;)

3. Khatsalano

Khatsalano Member

Look up dent repair on Yelp near you. I had a rock hit my hood while on the highway and a mobile dent repair ninja master made it like new for $69. Was awesome.

4. Jeddi

Jeddi Member

Yeah you should be able to get most small dents out. I had two door ding (one you could see a straight line) and three bb gun shots that two shop told me they wouldn't be able to pull out. Cost me $500 to repair but I think it was worth it. BTW I too park in the back of every parking lot but it never fails they like to park next to the Tesla. Just be at peace that there is stupidity out there.

5. vitaliy

vitaliy Member

Ugg... Sorry to hear that. My Model S will be delivered in January, but I'm already worried about door dings and similar incidents... Is it possible to have 4 dashcams recording 24/7 for each side of the car?