Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have no idea what the other car company CEOs are doing...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have no idea what the other car company CEOs are doing... and I think for the most part, that is how it should be. Sure, I might know that they are going to focus on this, trim that, etc. But I don't read about them, their girlfriends, drug habits, or taunting the SEC for farts and giggles.

I think I like the idea of Musk and his antics better than the reality. Seriously, if there were equal cars and charging solutions out there by other manufacturers I'd probably sign up.

I love my S, and my P3D is due next week, but Musk's antics give me great pause. I wonder how many other reservationists feel the same. You can only be in the news so much before people with $50K to $150K start saying, wait a minute.

I think I used to drive the cool car, my S. But now? Are Tesla drivers going to look the fool?

I just don't know.

I have no idea what the other car company CEOs are doing... and I think for the most part, that is how it should be. Sure, I might know that they are going to focus on this, trim that, etc. But I don't read about them, their girlfriends, drug habits, or taunting the SEC for farts and giggles.

I think I like the idea of Musk and his antics better than the reality. Seriously, if there were equal cars and charging solutions out there by other manufacturers I'd probably sign up.

I love my S, and my P3D is due next week, but Musk's antics give me great pause. I wonder how many other reservationists feel the same. You can only be in the news so much before people with $50K to $150K start saying, wait a minute.

I think I used to drive the cool car, my S. But now? Are Tesla drivers going to look the fool?

I just don't know.

Good grief. Elon hasn’t been proven wrong. And I’d be pretty damn ticked too if I’m busting my butt while some loud shorts just need to scream to make money. None of us have walked in Elon’s shoes and for us to be armchair critics of everything that is going on, is ridiculous. The pedo thing was stupid but obviously he feels very strongly about that. Should have been handled differently. Other than that, he has every right to be doing what he’s doing. If he can call out the corruption in the market, great! No one ever said fighting established multi billion dollar business would be easy.

Good grief. Elon hasn’t been proven wrong. And I’d be pretty damn ticked too if I’m busting my butt while some loud shorts just need to scream to make money. None of us have walked in Elon’s shoes and for us to be armchair critics of everything that is going on, is ridiculous. The pedo thing was stupid but obviously he feels very strongly about that. Should have been handled differently. Other than that, he has every right to be doing what he’s doing. If he can call out the corruption in the market, great! No one ever said fighting established multi billion dollar business would be easy.
are you saying that the way Elon has been engaging with "the enemy" via twitter has been positive for the company and its mission? Are you saying that this was the best use of his time and focus?

Isn’t Amazon the most shorted US stock right now? Waiting for Bezos‘ anti short tweets coming any minute...

Oh wait, Bezos actually knows how to be CEO of a close to trillion dollar company.

• Funny
Reactions: mikes_fsd
Isn’t Amazon the most shorted US stock right now? Waiting for Bezos‘ anti short tweets coming any minute...

Oh wait, Bezos actually knows how to be CEO of a close to trillion dollar company.

No existing industry other than maybe big box stores, give a rats a$$ about Amazon. But going after major industry like auto, energy and space, gets people’s attention. All Amazon does is pump more crap into the world. How long has it been the most shorted and was it during a time when the company was fragile?

If you don’t like what Tesla or Elon does, then sell your Tesla and stock if you own it and move on.

Reactions: CaptainJ and heems
No existing industry other than maybe big box stores, give a rats a$$ about Amazon. But going after major industry like auto, energy and space, gets people’s attention. All Amazon does is pump more crap into the world. How long has it been the most shorted and was it during a time when the company was fragile?

If you don’t like what Tesla or Elon does, then sell your Tesla and stock if you own it and move on.

Yea, retail, entertainment and publishing are super minor industries... It isn’t like people like the Walmarts are among the richest families. And it has been heavily shorted for a long time.

But Amazon doesn’t care. They know they have a working business model and they know shorts can’t harm them.

But there have been CEOs who made it their mission to hurt the shorts: Richard Fuld, for example, last Chairman and CEO of Lehman Brothers.

Lehman Brothers takes on rumors from 'the shorts'

Sure, the circumstances are way different with Tesla, different business, brand value, market in general, but was is any good picking fights with shorts? I’d say no.

Focus on the business and defeat them with good results, not insults on Twitter.

And I will stay with Tesla, because of Tesla and despite Musk.

Yea, retail, entertainment and publishing are super minor industries... It isn’t like people like the Walmarts are among the richest families. And it has been heavily shorted for a long time.

But Amazon doesn’t care. They know they have a working business model and they know shorts can’t harm them.

But there have been CEOs who made it their mission to hurt the shorts: Richard Fuld, for example, last Chairman and CEO of Lehman Brothers.

Lehman Brothers takes on rumors from 'the shorts'

Sure, the circumstances are way different with Tesla, different business, brand value, market in general, but was is any good picking fights with shorts? I’d say no.

Focus on the business and defeat them with good results, not insults on Twitter.

And I will stay with Tesla, because of Tesla and despite Musk.

If you honestly think the level of noise against Amazon and Walmart is the same as what has been against Tesla, you need to get your hearing checked.

But I do agree with you in that Tesla should focus on the business. The short thesis gets shorter after each milestone Tesla passes. Fortunately, both can be done. Expose the shorts with their nafarious activities and keep improving Tesla. To just sit back and accept the tactics of some shorts isn’t a good thing. Make the situation better for the next company that may come along.

Last edited:

did Amazon shorts started SEC investigations against Amazon? O wait Amazon was making claims and cases against other companies.

Btw. Short interest in Amazon is x%. total trade volume is 1% of the stock volume. If it would be the case in Tesla, Musk wouldn't even notice shorts or any media noise. He wouldn't care.

Reactions: SO16
If you honestly think the level of noise against Amazon and Walmart is the same as what has been against Tesla, you need to get your hearing checked.

But I do agree with you in that Tesla should focus on the business. The short thesis gets shorter after each milestone Tesla passes. Fortunately, both can be done. Expose the shorts with their nafarious activities and keep improving Tesla. To just sit back and accept the tactics of some shorts isn’t a good thing. Make the situation better for the next company that may come along.

Every big company is hated, you only see it if you are interested in it. The internet is a weird and mean place and it easily creates bubbles.

There is no more a general anti Tesla bias in the media, than any other big company and Elon isn’t hated more than any other public figure. Just read GRR Martin’s Twitter feed. And that guy only revolutionized the fantasy genre. We just notice anti Tesla fud, because we are interested in Tesla.

Google Tesla and Google will sort your news by what they think is interesting to you. In your case you will surely get seeking alpha and Electrek. The average person won’t get any of those two. The algorithm creates a bubble and the authors use that to make you come back. That’s why it’s always either doom and gloom, or rainbows and unicorns.

The problem is that Elon gives shorts publicity out of the realm of amateur blogs and that’s what they like most. And he gives the trolls a fight, which they love the most.

So ignore them, delete Twitter and let people focus more on Tesla as a company. Tesla is famous enough, they don’t need his Twitter feed anymore.

Reactions: kablammyman
I looked at many of the other companies started by visionary, and many of them were also seen as a bit kooky.

Steve Jobs had his issues, as did Larry Ellison, Facebook, Amazon, Ebay, Uber, Lyft, Virgin, Electric scooter and bicycle innovators. Jack Ma, Jimmy Buffett, most of the movie moguls, politicians, Federal Reserve heads, Legislatures (Rob Ford etc.) Airline executives, Police chiefs, Union leaders (Jimmy Hoffa), Kim Jung Un, Revolutionaries, Tyrants and Religious leaders, Kings and Queens, etc.

Seems as though all the innovative individuals have a kind of internal freedom that allows them to dream big and do change the world projects, but they also seem to be free thinkers and free talkers that can cause them to be looked upon as different from the rest of us.

To me, the world seems to be a better place when some individualism is allowed. Some freedom of expression should be granted to those who are accomplishing much.

Seems that even the failures of Musk rise above the successes of most of us.