Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit.? I will be using #6 AWB THHN wires. I can down size to 50A breaker and replace it 60A when its back in stock. Ideas and suggestions pls?
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 2.39.33 PM.jpeg
main.jpg

Reactions: zroger73
Is this the new panel that the "Tesla guy" put in?

It's interesting that all the breakers are on the same side, which I think means they're all on the same bus and therefore all on the same 120v leg - not that that would matter at all

Oh wait - they're tied so must all be 240v and using both legs - I'll have to look at a panel when I go to HD today

Anyone care to comment?

the phases alternate down the panel. Both “columns” of breakers on are the same phase for each “row” and each row alternates phases.

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Not sure why, but I have a big box full of breakers - All Square-D though - the QO ones IIRC

And I wish I hadn't made that other post because yes "the phases alternate down the panel. Both “columns” of breakers on are the same phase for each “row” and each row alternates phases." is obviously correct

1668951692295.png

Upvote 0
I had the same issue with needing a CH260 breaker and ended up driving about 200 miles (each way) to a home depot in Thatcher, AZ that had 3x of them in stock for $32/each. I had to order online and pick up in person. They do not ship or allow pickup anywhere else. I bought 2 in case one was broken. They looked ancient. Full of dust. It's clear they were sitting there for many years.

There were a few stores within 300 miles of my location (checked AZ home depots) that had 1-2 in stock, but in all cases you have to drive out to get them. I thought about ordering on Amazon but all of the reviews said they were fake Chinese knockoffs and not real Eaton/CH breakers.

On a positive note, I got to drive my new Tesla all day :)

Upvote 0
I had the same issue with needing a CH260 breaker and ended up driving about 200 miles (each way) to a home depot in Thatcher, AZ that had 3x of them in stock for $32/each. I had to order online and pick up in person. They do not ship or allow pickup anywhere else. I bought 2 in case one was broken. They looked ancient. Full of dust. It's clear they were sitting there for many years.

There were a few stores within 300 miles of my location (checked AZ home depots) that had 1-2 in stock, but in all cases you have to drive out to get them. I thought about ordering on Amazon but all of the reviews said they were fake Chinese knockoffs and not real Eaton/CH breakers.

On a positive note, I got to drive my new Tesla all day :)

I got you, 120 shipped priority.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mrbrock
Upvote 0
I got you, 120 shipped priority.
He just said he bought 2 and you are trying to sell him another? And you e raised your price $20 in 15 days. Plenty of Home Depot’s have them and many forum members will do it for little or no money plus cost of shipping just to help someone out. Trying to profit almost 300% is the opposite of helping out.

Upvote 0
He just said he bought 2 and you are trying to sell him another? And you e raised your price $20 in 15 days. Plenty of Home Depot’s have them and many forum members will do it for little or no money plus cost of shipping just to help someone out. Trying to profit almost 300% is the opposite of helping out.

Inflation dawg plus them shipping feez.

Upvote 0
I installed my brother-in-law's Wall Connector yesterday, but there are no CH260 or CHF260 breakers for his panel to be found here in NE Texas. I figured I'd pick up a QO260 for my panel in case I decide to install a WC as well, but the bins for those are empty, too. I can find all other sizes, but not 60 amp. There's ONE CH260 at a local electrical supply house's regional warehouse in Dallas that I'll order tomorrow. Must be a lot of people installing EV chargers. ;)

Upvote 0
I’m running into the same problem in July 2023, not being able to find a genuine Eaton/Cutler Hammer CH260 circuit breaker. Warning Amazon has them but all I found were Chinese knockoffs of dubious quality. Be sure to look for the “Brand” in the product listing.

CH250 breakers are readily available at Lowe’s and Home Depot. I plan to install wire suitable for 60 Amps, a CH250 circuit breaker and set the Tesla Charger to 50 Amps (Charging at 40 Amps) until I can locate a CH260 breaker. At that time, I’ll change out the CH250.

In the meanwhile, I’ll be able to charge, albeit at a slightly reduced rate. It’s probably better for the car anyway! LOL

Upvote 0
I’m running into the same problem in July 2023, not being able to find a genuine Eaton/Cutler Hammer CH260 circuit breaker. Warning Amazon has them but all I found were Chinese knockoffs of dubious quality. Be sure to look for the “Brand” in the product listing.

CH250 breakers are readily available at Lowe’s and Home Depot. I plan to install wire suitable for 60 Amps, a CH250 circuit breaker and set the Tesla Charger to 50 Amps (Charging at 40 Amps) until I can locate a CH260 breaker. At that time, I’ll change out the CH250.

In the meanwhile, I’ll be able to charge, albeit at a slightly reduced rate. It’s probably better for the car anyway! LOL
If that particular brand is such a problem, what about getting a 100 Amp breaker for it. Then running that to a new Sub Panel mounted right next to the Main Panel. And get a Sub Panel that is a common brand that has readily available and cheap breakers. Then hang anything new (like the Wall Charger) off the new Sub Panel going forward.

Upvote 0
I just realized I never followed up on my previous post.

The one CH260 breaker that was showing to be available from a local electrical supplier didn't work out. Their regional warehouse wasn't interesting in shipping it, which meant that I would have had to drive 5 hours to go get it. No thanks.

Fortunately, a very kind member on this forum messaged saying that he had an extra CH260 breaker that he'd be happy to sell me at a fair price. I sent payment. He sent the breaker. It arrived quickly and was a genuine product. It has been working perfectly for my brother-in-law's Wall Connector for three months now.

Perhaps they have another one to sell and will extend the same offer.

Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0