Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit.? I will be using #6 AWB THHN wires. I can down size to 50A breaker and replace it 60A when its back in stock. Ideas and suggestions pls?
WhatsApp Image 2022-11-11 at 2.39.33 PM.jpeg
main.jpg

Reactions: zroger73
Good luck finding this breaker. I looked back in August and everyone was out of stock, I did find a CH250 on Amazon and bought it, luckily I had a CH260 already in my breaker box that I installed for a Home Backup generator, so I swapped then out and it's working great, charging at 48 amps.

I just checked Amazon and they are showing a CH260 available for delivery November 17-18.

Also, I installed a Fire Detector (not a Smoke detector) in the garage above the car....... just in case.

Upvote 0
Wow. Where are you located. I’m in North Fort Worth and no one has had the 60 amp
I'm here in Massachusetts. Pre-covid I'd commute to within a few miles of the Lowes... now, not so much.

Wonder if a friendly request to the New England forum would find someone to grab one for you.

For a totally unrelated thing, I used taskrabbit.com successfully. It was a bit expensive, but the thing I wanted was discontinued and due to its shape it wasn't just a "Buy this and throw it in the mail" situation.

Upvote 0
I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit.? I will be using #6 AWB THHN wires. I can down size to 50A breaker and replace it 60A when its back in stock. Ideas and suggestions pls?View attachment 873639View attachment 873638

How far are you from Lake Worth? There appears to be 3 in stock at the Lowes there.

Edit: sorry, getting my Texas forum members with orange avatars mixed up.

Upvote 0
I'm here in Massachusetts. Pre-covid I'd commute to within a few miles of the Lowes... now, not so much.

Wonder if a friendly request to the New England forum would find someone to grab one for you.

For a totally unrelated thing, I used taskrabbit.com successfully. It was a bit expensive, but the thing I wanted was discontinued and due to its shape it wasn't just a "Buy this and throw it in the mail" situation.
Ok, thanks. I’m good now.

Upvote 0
I have this Eaton CH panel and i am looking for Eaton CH260 Circuit breakers. It's Backordered everywhere. How to find an alternative that will fit.? I will be using #6 AWB THHN wires. I can down size to 50A breaker and replace it 60A when its back in stock. Ideas and suggestions pls?View attachment 873639View attachment 873638

Is this the new panel that the "Tesla guy" put in?

It's interesting that all the breakers are on the same side, which I think means they're all on the same bus and therefore all on the same 120v leg - not that that would matter at all

Oh wait - they're tied so must all be 240v and using both legs - I'll have to look at a panel when I go to HD today

Anyone care to comment?

Upvote 0
Is this the new panel that the "Tesla guy" put in?

It's interesting that all the breakers are on the same side, which I think means they're all on the same bus and therefore all on the same 120v leg - not that that would matter at all

Oh wait - they're tied so must all be 240v and using both legs - I'll have to look at a panel when I go to HD today

Anyone care to comment?
Double pole breakers attach to both lines so there's no balancing problem

• Informative
Reactions: Rocky_H
Upvote 0

The legs alternate on the way down, so you can get 240V out of adjacent breakers.

Upvote 0