Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I like my car...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For me it comes down to the one simple fact.

The Tesla is a new base line

Sure I can complain about fit and trim.
I can complain about how the window seals look funny.
I can make jokes about it being squished (sometimes when parking it feels like a pancake)
I can make jokes about the inept blind spot monitoring
I can make jokes about the ridiculous navigation system
I can be frustrated by the seat belts anytime I have a passenger that isn't Elon Musk sized
I can poke fun at it needing an occasional reboot

There are lots of little annoying things.

But, at the end of the day it drives like nothing else.

FYI re: tight rear seat belts - that is a Tesla service item - mine were replaced with newer parts - problem solved. Do an advanced search for 'rear seat belts' to read prior posts on this.

@ecarfan - the two are not mutually exclusive. Complaining and enjoying the car, that is. I've raised many issues here on the forums but would buy another Tesla in a heart beat if I had to.

Agreed. I have my own criticisms of the car. I consider them minor compared to how amazing the Tesla EV drivetrain is and how stunningly beautiful the entire car is. I just think some people have lost perspective.

FYI re: tight rear seat belts - that is a Tesla service item - mine were replaced with newer parts - problem solved. Do an advanced search for 'rear seat belts' to read prior posts on this.

Oh, I was referring to the front seat belts and lots of people have the same issue where it sits at their neck. It fits me perfectly, but on my mom its right at her neck level. In my opinion it's a design flaw pure and simple. There are ways to resolve it, but they all involve a compromise. Like a seat belt extender or a seat belt cover.

Huge fan of my car. I feel the same way I did 20 years ago when I finally moved away from the place I grew up. I hadn't known, until moving, that you could actually love the place you lived. I just assumed places were simple backgrounds to life. And before my MS, I mostly thought the same of cars. Wrong, and wrong again.

In 2003 I had a dream of owning an electric car, but there were no cars to buy. I thought about building one myself, but never had the space to actually do so.

When the first roadster rolled of the line I couldn't afford it, and it was not a practical car in a single car household.

Fast forward to early 2014 and my wife and I take a test drive in the Model S. Our little world practically turned upside down. The car was fast, comfortable, supercharging was everywhere we needed, it drove better than our old BMW, looked like a car that costs 3 times as much and it had that feeling of a real drivers car.

After that test-drive it was inconceivable to ever buy another ICE again, but we couldn't really afford the Tesla at that time. So we agreed to keep the 320d until we could afford the Tesla or some equivalent EV became available from another manufacturer.

Again fast forward to 2015 and our careers have been good to us and we have managed to save about $50k as a downpayment so we take a deep breath and order the single most expensive thing we have ever bought.

The car arrived on June 3rd 2015 and we have love it every single time we go somewhere. Even if we only just pop around the shop for milk it is brilliant.

We are also lucky to live in a small country with great supercharger coverage, so we can go anywhere at any time.

For us this is not just another car, it is a radical change in how transportation works and a promise of significant change in our lifetime.

And that is why we love this car so much.

The recent sentiments expressed in this thread feel like mine. Each morning the first thing I want to do is check how my car is doing, make sure she slept well, has had a nice meal of electrons during the night and is eager for another adventure. Just the other day she took me 100 miles at 226 wHmi, although she was a trifle bored and irritated when other cars passed us; she wanted to be insane and blow them all away, but she was obedient.

she did need a new 12v battery, I wish she had some interior storage and coat racks, but...she is not perfect, she is the best car I have ever had. I love her. She's the only car I would ever describe that way.:love:

love can be demanding and there are a few things that need to be improved. Odd that we complain about things/people we love. If we don't we often just ignore the defects because we do not care. We cannot ignore anything about our Teslas, can we?

The recent sentiments expressed in this thread feel like mine. Each morning the first thing I want to do is check how my car is doing, make sure she slept well, has had a nice meal of electrons during the night and is eager for another adventure. Just the other day she took me 100 miles at 226 wHmi, although she was a trifle bored and irritated when other cars passed us; she wanted to be insane and blow them all away, but she was obedient.

she did need a new 12v battery, I wish she had some interior storage and coat racks, but...she is not perfect, she is the best car I have ever had. I love her. She's the only car I would ever describe that way.:love:

love can be demanding and there are a few things that need to be improved. Odd that we complain about things/people we love. If we don't we often just ignore the defects because we do not care. We cannot ignore anything about our Teslas, can we?

I look forward to this. Today would have been perfect. The family and some friends are heading out to get on a river for a couple hours. Sadly, my car isn't at the point yet where it can go on such a trip, so again this summer we are taking the ICE. Sept 8 can't come soon enough!

Sometimes, this is what it feels like to have a Tesla:

How-to-Train-Your-Dragon-2-Hiccup-Toothless.jpg

Ode to my car

I adore my car

It is responsive

It is as fast as I want it to be

It beeps at me when it wants a feed

Or when it goes too fast

Or when it needs a service

Or when sensors get obstructed

It guzzles petrol like a hungry beast

It tends to get us lost if we follow the navigator

It is not a particular looker

It does not take anyone's breath away

That's the way I like it

My car knows all my moods

It slows down when I am upset

It speeds up when I am happy

We get along so well

I am the master, my car is my slave

It never questions me, it does not talk back

Almost as good as a dog

CarD.jpg

All I want to do is drive my P85D. I honestly have no complaints about the product, as it is easily the best car I have ever been in, let alone owned. I have some gripes about the company-to-customer experience but what are you going to do? Tesla is the super hot prom queen who agreed get down with a nerd like me. She might be kind of a bitch but I'm not going to say anything. And she knows it.

Last edited: