Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I love my model s plaid!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You literally said it right here. No one is dumb enough to make that mistake on purpose. You’re messing with me. Hahaha. Kudos.

Keep waiting on that local newspaper article. Make sure you check.. every. Single. Day. 😄
Where in that sentence did I say the kit wasn’t designed for the street? I said the average Common Sense street driver didn’t need a race package.

If you’re doing 150 mph plus on a highway stopping would be your smallest issue. As I said, if your need is to hot lap your car at the race track the race pack is made for you. Otherwise a complete waste of money for street users. They created that kit for specific users, not daily driving.
Where in that sentence did I say the kit wasn’t designed for the street? I said the average Common Sense street driver didn’t need a race package.
You said that the race pack was made those who hot lap their cars at a race track and that the kit is not for “daily driving” which is done on the street.. We can simply agree to disagree.

• Funny
Reactions: jebinc
You ever miss your Alpha Gtr?
Out of all the cars before it was the most exhilarating! For that period it ran 10.00 and was very violent. However i had to say a prayer every time i started the car because the transmission _ drive train was the week link . Still no comparison to the plaid.
The plaid is not a bmw / Mercedes/ audi/ Porsche in terms of build quality However there is something special about knowing you can destroy 99.^ % of cars without making a noise. My friend who has a plaid also said it best its like knowing you are superman and disguised as clarck Kent and walking into a bar full of humans that believe they can kick your ass lol

Yes, at current prices Model X/S Plaid is the deal of the century, normally competition is 2-3% apart on a segment but competing EV's of other brands are 50%-100% above in pricing of current flagship Tesla models.

On another front, in order to purchase a car with similar power figures to a Plaid you would have to spend around 30 TIMES MORE $$$.

Am I the only one seeing this?

I just purchased an S & X Plaid btw, eff that Im getting this deal.
Just paid 75K for my 2021 Tesla Plaid with 15K miles !!!! I feel like I got the deal of the century !!!

I love mine too. I don't give a damn about the resale dropping or if some other marque is more prestigious. It is just a damn fun car to drive daily. No muss, no fuss, doesn't break, has great AC and is still very quick on a 40% charge.

I still think it is the performance bargain of the century.
Exactly why I just picked mine up for 75K !! After owning some highly modified ICE cars and all the mods and tunes and fueling etc.. I feel this car is a no brainer for anyone who just has a passion for cars. Plus I'm saving $600 a month on fuel $60 on car insurance a month and $200 on a payment difference from my ZL1 Camaro.

After watching a recent video on car and driver
About 0 to 150 to 0 And its so strange that they couldn't get their hands on a plaid with CC brakes?? Like car and driver?? I think it was obvious that the plaid would win that test but they would lose customers interest because its an EV. I would understand if it was the lucid sapphire which only a hand full are out there

Reactions: Sam1 and Beandoc
After watching a recent video on car and driver
About 0 to 150 to 0 And its so strange that they couldn't get their hands on a plaid with CC brakes?? Like car and driver?? I think it was obvious that the plaid would win that test but they would lose customers interest because its an EV. I would understand if it was the lucid sapphire which only a hand full are out there
There is no data on the EVs just the final time, but they comment that the Plaid did 0-150 in 9.7 and the Sapphire took 1 second less (so I assume 8.7). Also, they mentioned the braking portion on the Lucid was uphill. Since the Lucid reached 150 1 second faster but the overall 0-150-0 was just 0.7 seconds faster (15.5 vs 16.2), that would mean that the Lucid was worst on the braking portion even though it had CCB's and better tires than the Plaid. Looking forward for a real comparison between the Sapphire and the Plaid with the track package.

There is no data on the EVs just the final time, but they comment that the Plaid did 0-150 in 9.7 and the Sapphire took 1 second less (so I assume 8.7). Also, they mentioned the braking portion on the Lucid was uphill. Since the Lucid reached 150 1 second faster but the overall 0-150-0 was just 0.7 seconds faster (15.5 vs 16.2), that would mean that the Lucid was worst on the braking portion even though it had CCB's and better tires than the Plaid. Looking forward for a real comparison between the Sapphire and the Plaid with the track package.
Yeah, I saw that video as well. I didn’t realize the sapphire also had better tires than the plaid. I too would like to see that comparison.

It was pretty cool to see both EV Luxury sedans beat the GT3RS in that 0-150-0 test though.