Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I need some convincing re: M3 Performance

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Re; Aftermarket Mods

I'll miss being able to drool over Vortech and Paxton superchargers (the gas car kind). Not that I could ever afford one of their kits. I actually could now, but now I'm into Tesla and EVs.
Weirdly, I have had a subscription to Mopar Action magazine for several years. I enjoy reading it. I wrote to Cliff Gromer, the editor, after I bought Tessie. I told him I think I did something very wrong since I bought a Tesla. He wrote back: "Go to confession." LOL LOL LOL

Hi again guys. I decided to go ahead and move forward with an order. I put in an order the other day for a Model 3 Performance in Midnight Silver Metallic with Black Interior. After a couple of weeks of research on the car and figuring out how to best install a charging station at home, I'm comfortable enough that this will in fact be a great lifestyle decision. I'll have full Level 2 charging capability at home, being able to take full advantage of the ideal 60a circuit breaker, which is very pleasing to me since I live in a multi-unit building (3 units only).

Can't wait to get more into this community and hope to be here for a while to stay!

Hi again guys. I decided to go ahead and move forward with an order. I put in an order the other day for a Model 3 Performance in Midnight Silver Metallic with Black Interior. After a couple of weeks of research on the car and figuring out how to best install a charging station at home, I'm comfortable enough that this will in fact be a great lifestyle decision. I'll have full Level 2 charging capability at home, being able to take full advantage of the ideal 60a circuit breaker, which is very pleasing to me since I live in a multi-unit building (3 units only).

Can't wait to get more into this community and hope to be here for a while to stay!
I think you'll love it. Hope we can see a pic after you get it. :)

You’ll regret it. I promise.

Regret not ordering one sooner, I mean.

Welcome to the party!

• Funny
Reactions: MichaelP90DL
My last car was a GT350. Total opposite of the M3P and I was concerned I may not enjoy it. Two different cars and experiences, but I enjoy both. No regrets.

GT350: analog sensations, the exhaust sound, hilarious amount of attention (mostly from guys). I was the coolest Dad at my kid’s elementary school.

M3P: digital experience, point and shoot, god-mode every time I drive. I live in SoCal and work in a tech-heavy area, so the car blends in.

again, no regrets. I love the car and have gotten a few folks to buy one based on my recommendation. If you’re a car person who loves speed, precision, and technology, you can’t go wrong with the M3P.

Reactions: 2020Reset
Honeslty, best car i have ever purchased. Sold my Porsche 2018 gt3 for this. I miss the sound, but thats the issue, with my gt3, cops can hear me coming a mile away, while the model 3 is in stealth mode. Saved me a few tickets already. And find me any car manufacturer out there that can make your car go 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds and then do 3 software updates and now it does it under 2.9 seconds????????

Reactions: MichaelP90DL
Honeslty, best car i have ever purchased. Sold my Porsche 2018 gt3 for this. I miss the sound, but thats the issue, with my gt3, cops can hear me coming a mile away, while the model 3 is in stealth mode. Saved me a few tickets already. And find me any car manufacturer out there that can make your car go 0 to 60 in 3.2 seconds and then do 3 software updates and now it does it under 2.9 seconds????????
No screeching tires, either. The other cop-tipoff.