Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I want 21" Staggered Wheels for my P85

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After following some of the wheel/tire threads linked by Musterion and others I once again looked up online the TSW Nurberbrings that many have used in 20" variety and see that they now offer 21" rims. That should allow me to now do exactly what I originally wanted with 245s up front and 285s rear using Michelin PS2s. Will probably go 21x10.5 on the rear rim and 21x9 front. I have an America's Tire nearby that has helped me before and am going to check with them for the install work. I'll let everyone know what I find out.

Awesome! Can't wait to see your results. I'm about 4 weeks away from 9" fronts and 10.5" rears. Post some pics!

Will probably go 21x10.5 on the rear rim and 21x9 front.

gimp, tested the link and it works for me, not sure what's wrong sorry. Regarding your choice of wheels, I'd be careful in the back with 10.5. I measure 34mm (or less) inside clearance to 8" wheel rim (19"). If you keep same offset (which is same as stock 21"), splitting the difference your 10.5 wheels come very close to hitting (10 would be safer). However with some offset adjustment, or maybe you get lucky, they could fit. If you can try locally, at least then you can do test fitment before committing, which is strongly advised.

Thanks, Musterion. That's helpful. No reason to push it. I will just go with 21x10" rears. That should work great with 285/30s and should still be plenty wide enough to avoid any sidewall ripple, etc. Note that it probably would have also been reasonable to stick with 21x8.5" on the front like stock but that size isn't offered in that particular wheel. Appreciate your expertise on this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended). :)

gimp_dad I'm looking to get the exact same setup as you with the 21" TSW Nurburing's. What wheel size and tire combination did you end up going with? It looks like they only offer 10.5" rears so that has me worried a bit.

Thanks, Musterion. That's helpful. No reason to push it. I will just go with 21x10" rears. That should work great with 285/30s and should still be plenty wide enough to avoid any sidewall ripple, etc. Note that it probably would have also been reasonable to stick with 21x8.5" on the front like stock but that size isn't offered in that particular wheel. Appreciate your expertise on this so I don't have to reinvent the wheel (no pun intended). :)

gimp_dad I'm looking to get the exact same setup as you with the 21" TSW Nurburing's. What wheel size and tire combination did you end up going with? It looks like they only offer 10.5" rears so that has me worried a bit.

As a point of note, I ran a 19x10.5 in the rear of the Model S very briefly. The 10.5 wide wheel did fit but it was tight. I had a +25 offset and there was a bit of poke (the wheel stuck out a bit from the fender with stock camber settings) and I only had about 2mm of clearance from the tire to the inner fender lining with a 265 35 19.

A higher offset to bring the wheel further inboard to prevent poke would have created contact with the inner fender. You could modify the inner fender (its just felt covered board) and gain more clearance. The rear shock sits pretty far back so that would gain you about another ~10mm of clearance.

Disclaimer: This is just my observation. Please take your own measurements, based upon your desired wheels, for your fitment needs.

• Informative
Reactions: Gurujeff03
NVM: pss don't come in 285s

They do, I have them on my car.

10" is perfect with 285 tires. 10.5" also works fine, but looks a tiny bit stretched. Some like it like that. With 285 rears you should use the original offset, 40. That works with well with both 10" and 10.5". The latter will sit completely flush with ET40. Assuming you have 1.5" narrower rims in front, use 25 or 30 offset. 25 will match up visually with the rears, and if you dont want to deviate to much from the standard offset, use 30 which also looks good. Anything over 30 will destroy the cars beautiful proportions. I have no idea why Tesla chose to tuck the original wheels so far in.

My car in the picture has 21x10.5" ET40 / 285 rears and 21x9" ET30 / 245 fronts.

bilde5_zps20bf7641.jpg

Here with the winter wheelset, but no ski box, dont ask :) Wheels are 19x8,5" ET30 / 245 all around.

DSC_3911_zps8d27c960.jpg

DSC_3899_zps2c66cc2a.jpg

They do, I have them on my car.

10" is perfect with 285 tires. 10.5" also works fine, but looks a tiny bit stretched. Some like it like that. With 285 rears you should use the original offset, 40. That works with well with both 10" and 10.5". The latter will sit completely flush with ET40. Assuming you have 1.5" narrower rims in front, use 25 or 30 offset. 25 will match up visually with the rears, and if you dont want to deviate to much from the standard offset, use 30 which also looks good. Anything over 30 will destroy the cars beautiful proportions. I have no idea why Tesla chose to tuck the original wheels so far in.

My car in the picture has 21x10.5" ET40 / 285 rears and 21x9" ET30 / 245 fronts.

bilde5_zps20bf7641.jpg

What wheels are these? They look amazing.