Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Idiot in the P100D with his Left turn Signal on for 3 Miles

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I find myself in the same situation often since I like to listen to loud music and when changing lanes the signal rarely cancels itself. I have never had this issue on any previous car and I notice it all the time.
Are you saying that other cars you have owned would cancel the signal after the modest wheel movement needed to change lanes? If so, wow, I have never had a car do that. In fact, I have been pleased that my Model S signals self-cancel on more modest of gentle turns than most or maybe any of my previous cars. I almost never have to force them off, except when using them to change lanes while using Autopilot.

Have you ever seen one of those Idiots in a Model S in the fast lane with his Left turn Signal on for 3 Miles? Well it turns out that guy is now me:-( The digital turn signal noise is very quiet. I suspect its that way to not wake the driver while using Autopilot. In addition the turn signal icon on the dash is very small, so I don't notice it. OK I'm not that old but the damn thing is making me feel that way. Wife was following me last week and gave me a hard time which was deserved for driving with it on for three miles. If its just me I will get hearing aids and new glasses...... Let the abuse commence:)

I am @P85D.

You go, guy!

Alan

P.S. Try driving with MA rules, which may be summarized as, "driving is war so turn signals are a weapon in your disinformation campaign".

• Funny
Reactions: dgpcolorado
Yes, but neither is useful while changing lanes in AP mode. In AP mode, turn indicator must be fully on to change lanes automatically, but does not shut off when lane change is done.
The turn signal doesn't need to be latched on for AP Lane Change to work. You just need to hold enough pressure for it to blink long enough for it to detect the far side line of the lane you are changing into (indicated on the IC) and then you can let go.

Reactions: mal_tsla
It would be nice, and you'd think fairly easy to set it up so we can customize some of the display. Bigger turn signal indicator. A turn signal indicator on the main screen.

But what I'd really like is to move my high beam indicator to where I can see it - with the wheel set where it's comfortable, it completely blocks that part of the display.
That's right. I can't see the turn signals either. If I'm curious if I have it on, I just turn it on to see if it's on already. Another thing I do is shut it off very rapidly, so that I know I don't have it on. I'm finding more and more that if I want to see temperature, battery charge, turn signal, or headlight settings, I have to put everyone at risk as I try to move the wheel and my head and stare into the dash for long enough to find the little buggers hiding and camouflaging themselves. A customizable car would be a huge safety improvement.
Oh in Seattle they SIT in the left lane doing 60 protecting others from breaking the law.......Oh and some people turn on their right blinker and turn left.....Or just sit at a green light and text....
I think that explains why people like that wildly honk at you when you pass them. They are very angry and want to control everyone else.