Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If 8.0 ships tomorrow everyone's next Tesla payment is on me!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Gonna go out and check before I go to bed just in case there's a delay in the app notification. Maybe reset the 17'' because why not. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
You're relatively new here so you may not know the protocol to stimulate action to the update God's.
You must reboot BOTH the MCU and the IC 8 times. One for every letter in the name ELONMUSK. After that you get in the queue. Good luck! ;)

Image-1.jpg

You're relatively new here so you may not know the protocol to stimulate action to the update God's.
You must reboot BOTH the MCU and the IC 8 times. One for every letter in the name ELONMUSK. After that you get in the queue. Good luck! ;)

And there I was sitting in my car with the lights off chanting "Omen Sulk" eight times like an idiot. Thanks!

• Funny
Reactions: rxlawdude and msnow
"Ships" includes launching the metaphorical boat. That means the first packet of TCP/IP sent with firmware/software release v8.0 leaves Tesla and is on the Internet on its way to a customer car. (Even if it wasn't at the car yet when deadline strikes.)

I agree with that definition, but for the purposes of the bet the soonest indication that the software has shipped will be when the first user completes the first install. The time of course can be backdated to the time the user was first aware that they had software to install provided that what was installed turned out to be 8.0.

I doubt we're going to have anyone show us a screen shot tonight of 8.0 prior to midnight PDT.

• Love
Reactions: Ulmo
I agree with that definition, but for the purposes of the bet the soonest indication that the software has shipped will be when the first user completes the first install. The time of course can be backdated to the time the user was first aware that they had software to install provided that what was installed turned out to be 8.0.
Here's where me still not having picked up my first car made a difference: I neglected to consider that availability = shipped, in the case of a function that downloads after acceptance by user after notification, because the notification is functionally part of the process of shipping. That still fits my definition, though: the start of sending of the notification is what I consider the initial "shipping". Of course, proving it would require something like a chain of custody of the receipt of a validated notification and its related install version (although other means would exist), you are 100% right. Those race tracks got you on this better than me.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka and pdxgibby