Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If battery day is game changing, will you wait?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Battery Day is on the 21st of this month. While I don't expect it to have an immediate impact, it did get me wondering. If the announcement is big enough and would affect the future value of my car, I might be tempted to wait if we're only talking about a few months. What say you?

Battery Day is on the 21st of this month. While I don't expect it to have an immediate impact, it did get me wondering. If the announcement is big enough and would affect the future value of my car, I might be tempted to wait if we're only talking about a few months. What say you?
Even if they announce new battery or something, it will take quite a while until we see that in production. You don't need to worry about battery day now.

If you are member of FB page model Y you will see people are getting delivery in 5-10 days now instead announced 11 weeks .
My local advisor told me if i dont order MY now i will wait more then 3 months.
Yeah right !
You don`t have to be smart what they are trying to do.
I wonder if they are going to use same tactic after battery day.
Of course not.
It will be already clear what future will bring to us

• Disagree
Reactions: Tundrok
I with @theothertom that any announcements will likely longer term. Battery day is more focused on investors as an audience and less on consumers. Perhaps we get a LR RWD, but that's about all I could see for shorter term.

The wife and I have decided to wait 50-ish days until after the election. If we see new leadership in the WH and especially the Senate, then we'll likely see stimulus money focused green and renewable. That would likely bring back the Tax Credit or something similar in early 2021.