Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If doing PPF, don't forget your door sill plates.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

SMAlset

Mar 4, 2017
SF Bay Area
One area we forgot to ask about when we initially had our MS wrapped was the Model S door sills. When we went back for a film check that next week we had them add it to our car. Plan to do the plates for our Model 3. Thought I'd throw it out there for anyone getting ready to take their car in for a wrap and maybe not something you considered.

One area we forgot to ask about when we initially had our MS wrapped was the Model S door sills. When we went back for a film check that next week we had them add it to our car. Plan to do the plates for our Model 3. Thought I'd throw it out there for anyone getting ready to take their car in for a wrap and maybe not something you considered.
I did these myself with the door sill clear bra cut outs from RPM Tesla. It’s super easy even with wet install.

Door sill clear bra

wow that's super overpriced like everything else on their site. Just buy a 6x48" roll on amazon and cut to size.
Price is definitely subjective. To me, my time was more valuable than saving $20 by stuffing around with tracing them out and worrying about getting perfect cuts.

To the OP, who I’m sure probably paid even more to get it done professionally, it was worth their time to not worry about it at all.

For all those others out there, presented here are 3 options depending on the level of involvement/cost you want to have in the process.

I am also very disappointed. Not only they did not paint some areas. My driver side door sill plate is missing only noticed after I drove off the sales center.. Waiting to hear back... I am a Tesla fan like many of us here but I thought the reports comparing Tesla qualitywise to KIA's first cars was by some evil competitor.. no it is not.. I understand the rush to produce a high number of cars for tax credit but this comes at a price for the quality.