Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If I purchase AP thru website, how long will it take to become operational

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I went out and did a scroll wheel reset on my car. Aftwr it booted back up the autopilot page in the settings had the whole “Order Now” section of the page gone.

I then went out for a drive to see if it was active but it wasn’t. I still didn’t have the Autosteer toggle, etc. in the Auropilot section.

When I pulled back into my garage and my car connected to WiFi I got a pop up message right away saying autopilot trial update in progress.

And it’s now been on this screen for about 10 mins. You can’t select anything else on the screen..... so not sure what to do now.

6498FFF0-6339-4B6D-9F77-2BD314212722.jpeg

Man this is a disappointment. I cant believe they would cripple Autosteer like that... AP1 cars have that basic feature.

A little bummed too, but in the end for the price, I guess I can't complain, also we don't do much lane changing believe it or not (slow & steady gets us there alive), and this may help one focus on the road a bit more than trusting Tesla blindspot detection.

I just got home about 15 min ago and when I parked I made sure I was connected to WiFi. I read the comments here and sure enough my AP/FSD is active now!! Purchased Wednesday afternoon!! :) Still on 2018.50.6 so no update required and I’m not sure if the WiFi made the difference. Looks like they may be finally activating it in batches.

Reactions: SD_Engnr
First bug seems to be that you can’t change your following distance by clicking the right scroll wheel left and right (at least for me). It will bring up the indication that your changing it but the value doesnt actually change. You have to go into the menu to make the change.

I’m on 2019.5.15 with just AP no FSD

Got mine too, no FSD version.

No "Auto Lane Change" as far as I can tell... :(.. ah well. Still worth it!

That’s really unfortunate. I make A LOT of lane changes if I’m on the interstate. :oops: Definitely can’t complain though!

If summon is actually going to work now via bluetooth/keyfob reliably, that would get me at least halfway to justifying the $3k cost for FSD. Hmmm...

So not sure if this had anything to do with it, but I went out and did a scroll wheel reset on my car. Aftwr it booted back up the autopilot page in the settings had the whole “Order Now” section of the page gone.

I then went out for a drive to see if it was active but it wasn’t. I still didn’t have the Autosteer toggle, etc. in the Auropilot section.

When I pulled back into my garage and my car connected to WiFi I got a pop up message right away saying autopilot trial update in progress.

And it’s now been on this screen for about 10 mins. You can’t select anything else on the screen..... so not sure what to do now.

View attachment 384391

How long until the update completed? I checked the car a few minutes ago and it showed the autopilot update message. It is taking longer than the few minutes stated on the message.

How long until the update completed? I checked the car a few minutes ago and it showed the autopilot update message. It is taking longer than the few minutes stated on the message.

It never cleared the first time and I gave it like 30 mins. So I did another scroll wheel reset to clear it then let the car just sit for about 30 mins and when I came back the options were in the settings menu.

• Helpful
Reactions: Cyclone