Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If TM needs more money...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If TM needs more capital to ramp up production for the Model 3, then would it not be advantageous to allow people to put more money into their account, why limit it to 1k. I would like to work at putting a bigger down payment on it or have some extra money banked to afford more options come time to order.

Thoughts?

As altruistic as that may be, I rarely see any deposits/pre-orders of this nature allow something like that simply because the organization doesn't want to act like a bank (will require more laws/regulation as well as protection for a fully refundable, variable amount that can be added into at any time. Even stuff like anti money laundering laws would have to come into play then).

Put the money into TSLA stock if you have the stomach for it--you'll be helping the company indirectly, and may very well make a return off of it :)

Reactions: Discoducky
I don't believe that they have floated any bonds yet. The Federal funding and tax incentives have most likely enabled them to not do so. If they do float a lot of debt, it will hit the stock price, which would make me cranky. But I expect that they will at some point. It is a great time to get cheap debt. Just not too much!

Keep in mind that they need to reserve for the no-risk cancellation policy of the M3 reservations. That's why the stock has not skyrocketed with the huge number of reservations. It's popped. But nearly as much as it would with 300K of firm orders. There will be a lot of people who cancel and get their 1K back for a variety of reasons. So it isn't real money to them yet. I wish it were.

I don't believe that they have floated any bonds yet. The Federal funding and tax incentives have most likely enabled them to not do so. If they do float a lot of debt, it will hit the stock price, which would make me cranky. But I expect that they will at some point. It is a great time to get cheap debt. Just not too much!

Keep in mind that they need to reserve for the no-risk cancellation policy of the M3 reservations. That's why the stock has not skyrocketed with the huge number of reservations. It's popped. But nearly as much as it would with 300K of firm orders. There will be a lot of people who cancel and get their 1K back for a variety of reasons. So it isn't real money to them yet. I wish it were.

there won't be A LOT of people to cancel.max 10-15 %