Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you are on the fence about a P3+ or P3-, get it!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I bought my SR+ In March of this year it was my first EV and I didn’t know much about them. There was no way at that time I was going to spend the money for an AWD version much less a P3. This thread is not for those looking at the SR or LR. This is more for those on the fence for AWD.

I just picked up the P3- yesterday (one without exterior performance items)
If you are looking at any of the long range options and enjoy acceleration this $49,990 car can’t be beat.

For someone who has driven the AWD LR version, the P3 is truly that much better. Go test drive one if you are unsure. I will say after 75mph my SR+ doesn’t feel that much slower. Under that speed you can’t believe you are driving the same car. It’s like driving a v6 Dodge Charger and then getting in a Hellcat.

I also can’t believe how much better the stereo is. No comparison.

What a difference a year makes. Still love my LR RWD since AWD isn’t needed where I live but if ordering today, P3- no question about it.

I personally think LR RWD is the best overall option for cost/efficiency. It’s a great buy. It was available when I bought mine but I just wasn’t sure if it was worth it. That was right before they made basic white free and basically added the SR+ items to the SR. . If I knew that was going to happen I would have got the LR RWD for the first one. We’ve all read these stories on here. The SR car is amazing. I’ve loved driving it

I also have no need for AWD. Except when the light turns green!! The back of my car has tiny tire pieces on it. Can’t wait to see how long these tires last.

Reactions: SlimJim
these threads are such circlejerks. You guys are gonna feel like dbags when the performance update is pushed out to the rest of the lr awd'ers )

happy friday!

I will be excited for everyone if that happened. Clearly there is a market wanting it to happen. These circle jerk threads are what got me to go out and buy one. Sorry for being a dbag.

I agree the P3D- is a great deal but is Tesla making any more of these? The website used to mention 18” wheels being an option but that wording has since disappeared from the order page. I believe Tesla ran one batch of these and has been silent on whether they intend to build any more so unless there are still some in inventory you may have missed the opportunity to order one.

I agree the P3D- is a great deal but is Tesla making any more of these? The website used to mention 18” wheels being an option but that wording has since disappeared from the order page. I believe Tesla ran one batch of these and has been silent on whether they intend to build any more so unless there are still some in inventory you may have missed the opportunity to order one.

I called the number for the service center, pushed the option for sales, and they found me one in about 10 minutes that matched what I wanted.

I’m not sure if there are any still out there but I would call. They had some with 18’s and 19’s.

I just called Scottsdale AZ Sales and they are able to still find several in various combos. (And my referral code!!) lol

I also can’t believe how much better the stereo is. No comparison.

I can’t believe someone would buy a Model 3 without test driving all trims in the first place. I took about 4 test drives. Then decided I wanted the performance. But didn’t want the 20” wheels because they would be problematic in New England.

My only wish now is I wish I also test drive some S’s and X’s too.

I can’t believe someone would buy a Model 3 without test driving all trims in the first place. I took about 4 test drives. Then decided I wanted the performance. But didn’t want the 20” wheels because they would be problematic in New England.

My only wish now is I wish I also test drive some S’s and X’s too.

I agree. I didn’t even drive the SR. I said if he got the base price to $35k I would buy one. I’ve never bought a car without driving it until that SR+. Who would have known it’s the best car I’ve ever owned.

Nice thing is with several service appointments with homelink install and the AC smell I was given a Performance X and S as a loaner. They are great cars as well.