Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you were not getting a Model S what would you get

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2008 Chrysler Aspen, On a good day of highway driving I get 16.8 MPG highway and around 13 MPG combined. All this adds up to approximately $600 a month. I'd happily pay $100 per month for charging to cover the same monthly mileage. #160 can't arrive soooon enough. I hate gas stations, well other then for bio breaks. lol Now if I can just convince my wife to file her C350, That's another $350 a month. Give me time, I'll bring her back from the dark side. lol

Mine's a 2004 Acura TL - been a reliable and fun family sedan but, at ~21 MPG (with premium gas), it's been relatively expensive to operate. By 2012, it'd be 8 years old with around 110,000 miles on it.

My TL gave up the ghost too early :-( :-( Chose to trade it in today instead of going for a costly - $2K+! - repair (to a whiny and leaky power steering assembly). Not so reliable after all! And, literally 3 months after my extended warranty ran out!

Making do with wife's Mini Clubman and carpooling for now. Hope I can get my 230-mile General Production (P 1,620) Model S by September/October...

My TL gave up the ghost too early :-( :-( Chose to trade it in today instead of going for a costly - $2K+! - repair (to a whiny and leaky power steering assembly). Not so reliable after all! And, literally 3 months after my extended warranty ran out!

Making do with wife's Mini Clubman and carpooling for now. Hope I can get my 230-mile General Production (P 1,620) Model S by September/October...

ouch :(

I'm not sure what we'll be replacing. The wife traded in her S5 early for an A6, but I'm hoping we can get rid of that when the MS comes

In July, we traded in my husband's Lexus LS 460 for a Lexus HS250h, which will hold him over until our Model S delivery in (hopefully) September 2012...I'm currently taxiing the kids in a Lincoln MKT and incurring 20k/year, and I plan to start driving the Lexus hybrid more next year to ease up on the miles of the Lincoln until it comes off lease in February 2014. I will get the Model X when it comes out in early 2014 as a replacement for the Lincoln, and my son who turns 16 in April 2014 will then have the hybrid as his car...Before the hybrid, my husband and I were spending over $900/month in fuel costs alone, so we can't wait to get the Tesla! BTW, we also added PV solar to our house to help with the charging costs...

The 2004 TL Power steering is under recall. I had mine fixed at the dealer at no cost even though it was outside the warrenty period. - good luck.

We'll be replacing my wife's 2006 Lexus IS250, which I always thought was a little small. Doesn't hurt me a bit to trade a car that requires premium gasoline. She wants to drive my 2009 Lexus RX350 (our airport and Home Depot car), so we'll be keeping that. That comfy SUV gets 26mpg on the highway! Almost as good as a much smaller RAV4.

The Model S will be replacing my 2005 S4. I really love the Audi, but it'll be time for a new vehicle by September/October of next year - and I'll be happy to do away with premium gas purchases. I just need to determine if I trade in the S4 or keep it for my son (who will be just shy of 16 at that time). I'm thinking an S4 might not be the most practical first car for a 16-year-old male...

Replacing a 2007 Mercury Mountaineer, once I sell my Shadow Aero there'll be no ICE's left in this household. Then we'll finally have 2 EV's and both charged with PV's. :smile:

P.S. I sat on the prototype of this the other day and it would be real tempting to add a third EV.....
01_0.jpg

Pic is of Robrady Vetrix Superbike design

Last edited: