TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC
Start a Discussionhttps://teslamotorsclub.com/tmc/tags/

If you're on the fence about ordering a Model S, this may help

Discussion in 'Model S' started by sparkypete, Sep 12, 2017.

Tags:
  1. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

I picked up my base S75 on Friday from Bristol in England.

I originally ordered in May so this has been a long process.

Over this time, I religiously pored over forums - mainly this one - looking for details and reassurance that I wasn't missing out on anything.

During that time, I went from being super excited to worried and back again so many times you wouldn't believe it.

I worried about what battery I'd end up with(75/85), whether doors would line up, whether the interior would feel cheap , if the acceleration update would be included, whether the handover would be up to scratch and all the rest of it. There are a lot more negative posts here than positive which I suppose is the nature of forums so you can get a distorted view. As a previous owner of Porsche, BMW and Audi cars I started to feel I may be disappointed.

Well I can tell you I couldn't be happier with my new car. It looks fantastic inside and out, drives like a dream, has no creaks or rattles and still leaves me grinning like a kid at Christmas after 4 days. Tesla were fantastic and the handover made us all feel special. People comment on how nice the interior is and how great the quality of the upholstery is on the doors and dash. This has all improved hugely from the demo models I saw in stores just a year ago.

So I hope this helps if you're not quite sure whether to go for it, or you have ordered and are worried like I was.

• Like x 23
    • Love x 7
    • Informative x 1
  2. RationalOptimist

Thanks for sharing. And enjoy. You have years of satisfaction ahead of you. In a car that will continue to improve every few months.

3. DIL

DIL Supporting Member

Phew. This forum is such a freaking roller coaster ride.

• Like x 3
  4. Tiger

Tiger Member

5. WillK

WillK Member

I too read this forum, ordered my car and then fretted about all the possible issues. Got the car in Dec 2016. It's all been good.

6. Phillip L

Phillip L Gas Passer

Yes. But a forum thread called, "have had my car for three years and everything is great" would get stale pretty fast:cool:! To paraphrase Tolstoy: All happy Tesla owners are alike, every unhappy owner is unhappy in their own way.

• Like x 3
  7. ABVA

ABVA Member

Welcome to the family. Tesla is almost like wine and will keep on getting better over time. I am sure you will enjoy it every moment.

• Like x 1
  8. CinRedMan

CinRedMan Member

You summed up the past 3 weeks for myself :) And, I am so happy to read you are satisfied!!!!

In 10 days, I hope to take delivery of my 2017 MS 100d and I sure hope to share the same outcome

9. oktane

oktane Active Member

Glad to hear your car turned out to be a winner. Enjoy the ride!

10. Struja

Struja Struja

I'm going on 4 months.

I drive around with a stupid looking grin at all times. Couldn't be happier. Total shameless fanboy, hook, line and sinker.

I am sitting at work right now, counting the minutes for my 1 hour (22km) drive home and I've NEVER loved standstill traffic so much.

• Like x 1
    • Funny x 1
  11. NeverFollow

NeverFollow Member

Congrat! Your comments remind me Robert Llewellyn handover.

• Love x 2
  12. tpham07

tpham07 Member

more people will go online and complain than talk about positive issues, because if your car does what you expect why bother telling everyone about it? We dont talk about the normal/good we only complain about the bad. Any regular joe who reads this forum would think tesla makes the worst cars ever and that autopilot is a sham and is the most useless gimmick alive.

tesla has sold hundreds of thousands of cars and most people are satisfied. if they weren't, you'd be hearing about it in the media not on an online forum.

• Like x 3
  13. Ken7

Ken7 Member

As someone who's about to transition from a Model 3 reservation to a Model S, this is very comforting to read. There's so much negativity in these forums, it's more than a bit scary.

As Tpham said, people tend not to frequent forums to rave about their cars...with the exception of fanboys, of which I hope to be one. :)

14. sparkypete

sparkypete Member

A was originally planning on Model 3 but switched. I'm glad I did. I still hope Model 3 is a success but it's more suitable as a second car for us.

• Like x 1
  15. Kanting

Kanting Member

Welcome to the small family!

• Like x 1
  16. R.S

R.S Member

The Model S is a great car! There are issues, of course, any car has those, but generally it's a truly great car. And I think the forum makes that relatively clear.

Sure, there are the ones that hate the car because of some single fault, or some which need to make clear that the S is now obsolete, because the 3 is out, or the ones that expect a totally refreshed P260D any minute...

Ok you're right, the forum is a bad place to be for people interested in buying a Model S (or X).

• Funny x 2