Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If you're on the fence about ordering a Model S, this may help

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I picked up my base S75 on Friday from Bristol in England.

I originally ordered in May so this has been a long process.

Over this time, I religiously pored over forums - mainly this one - looking for details and reassurance that I wasn't missing out on anything.

During that time, I went from being super excited to worried and back again so many times you wouldn't believe it.

I worried about what battery I'd end up with(75/85), whether doors would line up, whether the interior would feel cheap , if the acceleration update would be included, whether the handover would be up to scratch and all the rest of it. There are a lot more negative posts here than positive which I suppose is the nature of forums so you can get a distorted view. As a previous owner of Porsche, BMW and Audi cars I started to feel I may be disappointed.

Well I can tell you I couldn't be happier with my new car. It looks fantastic inside and out, drives like a dream, has no creaks or rattles and still leaves me grinning like a kid at Christmas after 4 days. Tesla were fantastic and the handover made us all feel special. People comment on how nice the interior is and how great the quality of the upholstery is on the doors and dash. This has all improved hugely from the demo models I saw in stores just a year ago.

So I hope this helps if you're not quite sure whether to go for it, or you have ordered and are worried like I was.

Over this time, I religiously pored over forums - mainly this one - looking for details and reassurance that I wasn't missing out on anything.

During that time, I went from being super excited to worried and back again so many times you wouldn't believe it.

I worried about what battery I'd end up with(75/85), whether doors would line up, whether the interior would feel cheap , if the acceleration update would be included, whether the handover would be up to scratch and all the rest of it. There are a lot more negative posts here than positive which I suppose is the nature of forums so you can get a distorted view. As a previous owner of Porsche, BMW and Audi cars I started to feel I may be disappointed.

Well I can tell you I couldn't be happier with my new car. It looks fantastic inside and out, drives like a dream, has no creaks or rattles and still leaves me grinning like a kid at Christmas after 4 days. Tesla were fantastic and the handover made us all feel special. People comment on how nice the interior is and how great the quality of the upholstery is on the doors and dash. This has all improved hugely from the demo models I saw in stores just a year ago.

So I hope this helps if you're not quite sure whether to go for it, or you have ordered and are worried like I was.
Welcome to the family. Tesla is almost like wine and will keep on getting better over time. I am sure you will enjoy it every moment.

Reactions: 1 person

You summed up the past 3 weeks for myself :) And, I am so happy to read you are satisfied!!!!

In 10 days, I hope to take delivery of my 2017 MS 100d and I sure hope to share the same outcome

Phew. This forum is such a freaking roller coaster ride.

I too read this forum, ordered my car and then fretted about all the possible issues. Got the car in Dec 2016. It's all been good.

more people will go online and complain than talk about positive issues, because if your car does what you expect why bother telling everyone about it? We dont talk about the normal/good we only complain about the bad. Any regular joe who reads this forum would think tesla makes the worst cars ever and that autopilot is a sham and is the most useless gimmick alive.

tesla has sold hundreds of thousands of cars and most people are satisfied. if they weren't, you'd be hearing about it in the media not on an online forum.

Reactions: DIL, Ken7 and ABVA

As someone who's about to transition from a Model 3 reservation to a Model S, this is very comforting to read. There's so much negativity in these forums, it's more than a bit scary.

As Tpham said, people tend not to frequent forums to rave about their cars...with the exception of fanboys, of which I hope to be one. :)

As someone who's about to transition from a Model 3 reservation to a Model S, this is very comforting to read. There's so much negativity in these forums, it's more than a bit scary.

As Tpham said, people tend not to frequent forums to rave about their cars...with the exception of fanboys, of which I hope to be one. :)

A was originally planning on Model 3 but switched. I'm glad I did. I still hope Model 3 is a success but it's more suitable as a second car for us.

Reactions: PrGrPa

The Model S is a great car! There are issues, of course, any car has those, but generally it's a truly great car. And I think the forum makes that relatively clear.

Sure, there are the ones that hate the car because of some single fault, or some which need to make clear that the S is now obsolete, because the 3 is out, or the ones that expect a totally refreshed P260D any minute...

Ok you're right, the forum is a bad place to be for people interested in buying a Model S (or X).

• Funny
Reactions: Ken7 and DIL