Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

If You're Reserving -what car are you coming from?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2011 Lexus IS350 AWD.

Am I the first one with in there target market of the BMW 3 or Lexus IS? It seems that there are a lot of vehicles being listed that cost $25k new. A $45k - $50k vehicle seems like a big step up. Am I wrong in these thoughts?

Used to drive a Mazda3 also (actually my wife and I both had one, one of which is now my son's). Currently driving a 2006 Toyota Tacoma with 0 features (had to add electric door locks and cruise myself :) ). Been waiting for an EV ever since the Leaf was first announced. Glad I waited for a Tesla though, but it's killing me!!! The next 2 years will be rough to say the least. But can't afford an S or X, so I have to tough it out.

2011 Lexus IS350 AWD.

Am I the first one with in there target market of the BMW 3 or Lexus IS? It seems that there are a lot of vehicles being listed that cost $25k new. A $45k - $50k vehicle seems like a big step up. Am I wrong in these thoughts?

There might be quite a few more base models reserved then anticipated ,
at 25k plus 3 years of gas, oil changes and maintenance -
you get pretty close to the base model pricing.

2015 Leaf. I hope to never own an ICE vehicle gain.

Things I am looking forward to in no specific order:
  • Better looks
  • Better range
  • Less battery degradation over time/mileage
  • AWD and other nice options
  • SC network
Things I hope are non-issue
  • Build quality problem (seeing some less than encouraging posts from x owners taking delivery)
  • Would like some of the Fed rebate, but not crucial to purchase

2011 Lexus IS350 AWD.

I can afford to be in the 3-Series market, but I don't really want to be. Before Tesla, I was perfectly content with my next vehicle being 25-35k fully loaded because they're all the same, right? Gasoline-burning engines, whatever, nobody pushing boundaries or coming up with exciting new technology. The car industry as a whole seems very stagnant and doesn't interest me. I don't understand why an S-class costs 70k more than a C-class. And you know what? I don't care to know either.

Tesla is mixing things up a bit and doing new and interesting things. I want these neat, useful things on my car. I want to be a part of something that is changing the world. I don't give a damn about gimmicks that make luxury cars "luxury". I'm talking *sugar* like heated cupholders. Autopilot? Summon? Now those are features that get me interested.

Plus, even the cheapest electric vehicle has that performance and responsiveness that you'll never get from an ICE. There are inherent benefits to EVs and that's cool.

I am willing to sink a few extra dollars into something novel and exciting.

I have a Tesla Roadster that I bought 5 years ago and my wife has a Ford Focus Electric. She tried a Model S but she hated it because it was too big. So the 3 will replace her Focus Electric, but I'll drive it sometimes. I will never, ever sell my Roadster. We generate enough solar to power both our cars. Once you go electric, you can never go back.

I'm surprised more people aren't replacing other EVs.

I'm coming from a 2015 Kia Soul EV which has been a surprisingly fantastic car so far. I had two Volts before this car which were both very poorly made, eliminating the Bolt EV from my consideration.

For a high range car in my price range when my lease is up at the end of 2017, it looks like I'll be down to a Model 3 or a Leaf 2.0, but the way Nissan has treated their early Leaf adopters with defective battery chemistry has made me shy away from the brand. I'll consider a CPO Model S as well when the time comes.

Right now we have a Hyundai Genesis Coupe and a Honda CRV. The wife will decide which one stays. She is slowly getting on board with my ☰ "enthusiasm", even saying that she could take it to work every once and a while because she has a couple of charging stations in her work parking lot!

I'll be busting a move in a '12 Corolla with 150k miles. I drive about 40k a year and hope the Toyota makes it until I take delivery on the 3.

Anyone have thounts on the 3 being offered with the 8 year unlimited mileage warranty on the batteries and drive units?

Since '07 we've kept all of our cars. '07 Prius - Son drives (48K miles), '13 Prius V (46K miles) - Wife drives, '10 Subaru Outback 3.6R - I drive now and will give to daughter when Model 3 arrives. If Model 3 is as nice as I think it will be, we will probably put down two deposits so both my wife and I will have one.

I have an '07 Saturn Ion with 155,000 miles on it. I will put a reservation deposit down. I still might get a Model S instead though. There is no question my next car is a Tesla. I just don't know which it will be. I will continue with the Saturn until I get the Tesla.