Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois Green Fleets Rebate Experience?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Can Anyone who has purchased a Model S in IL comment on the Green Fleets electric vehicle rebate. In theory it's supposed to go up to $4K for vehicles like the Model S with large battery capacities. Has anyone who has purchased the car received the rebate? Looking through the info on this (http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/) site I don't see anywhere that they describe the form that the rebate takes? Is it straight cash? Tax Credit?

Tesla Calls it out on their Incentives page but I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone at Tesla directly to get more info that way. Planning (hoping) to put in a reservation some time in 2013 and an extra 4K off the purchase price would not be refused.

Thanks

Can Anyone who has purchased a Model S in IL comment on the Green Fleets electric vehicle rebate. In theory it's supposed to go up to $4K for vehicles like the Model S with large battery capacities. Has anyone who has purchased the car received the rebate? Looking through the info on this (http://www.illinoisgreenfleets.org/) site I don't see anywhere that they describe the form that the rebate takes? Is it straight cash? Tax Credit?

Tesla Calls it out on their Incentives page but I haven't had a chance to talk to anyone at Tesla directly to get more info that way. Planning (hoping) to put in a reservation some time in 2013 and an extra 4K off the purchase price would not be refused.

Thanks

I'm waiting on mine, I was able to apply in time for the next cycle (beginning Feb 1).

The web site shows Tesla vehicles as eligible, and I know a few people who have received their rebates for other models of BEV's. The only question mark, from my perspective, is whether our wonderful, fiscal crook^H^H^H^H^Hgenius of a Governor will create such an emergency that it cuts off a lot of programs such as this one.

You have to apply for it -- and you need your license plates first (it's a required field on the form). They fund it two times a year, and you get a check from the state.

Timing of Vehicle Rebate Issuances

The Illinois EPA processes Vehicle Rebate applications twice per year. Applications that are postmarked February 1 – June 30 will be processed starting July 1. Applications postmarked July 1 – January 31 will be processed starting February 1. Please note that, due to the significant number of applications we receive and the need to request additional information from some applicants, it may take up to five months after the processing starting date to complete the review and rebate issuances for all eligible applications. In addition, the timing of rebate issuances is dependent on funding availability in the Alternate Fuels Fund.

...you need your license plates first (it's a required field on the form)...

I was going to submit an application with my temporary license plate number in the license plate field. According to this discussion on the teslamotors board, folks think it will work. Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors . My plates won't come in until well past January 31, and I'd like to apply for a check before the State runs out of money.

I was going to submit an application with my temporary license plate number in the license plate field. According to this discussion on the teslamotors board, folks think it will work. Sign into My Tesla | Tesla Motors . My plates won't come in until well past January 31, and I'd like to apply for a check before the State runs out of money.

You might call and ask them. I don't know if it's a 6-12 month gamble you want to take (having to wait up to 5 months for them to reject it, then submitting a new one). I suspect it would be the end of June before you'd find out if yours is rejected or not. They included the number for Carolyn @ the ILEPA, so should be easy to get an answer I guess.