Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Illinois rebate program

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone submit their application for the 4k rebate in Illinois?

What documentation did you use? I believe it requires:

Copy of purchase agreement
Proof of purchase
Illinois vehicle registration
W-9

I think the MVPA pages on vehicle configuration and final price sheet satisfy 1 and 2. Not sure on if you have to wait for vehicle registration or temp card will do? W-9 is explanatory.

Hoping anyone who has been successful can share their knowledge.

Thanks!

The IRS said in a press release that “in the interest of sound tax administration,” residents in most states, including Illinois, will not be required to report rebates on their federal tax returns, and that filing of those returns can continue.

Reactions: voom500 and Paul1
Upvote 0
March 8th update. so far approximately 5.2M total rebates awarded.

1678458316553.png

Upvote 0
The IRS said in a press release that “in the interest of sound tax administration,” residents in most states, including Illinois, will not be required to report rebates on their federal tax returns, and that filing of those returns can continue.

While that's nice, the article doesn't address the Illinois EV rebate.

Upvote 0
Hi, for individual that received the rebate what did you submit for #1 and #3?

1. Copy of the bill of sale, purchase invoice, or purchase agreement from an Illinois dealership;
- Did the MVPA suffice for this?
3. Copy of the Illinois vehicle registration or temporary permit provided by the dealership at the time of sale/delivery
- Did you submit the copy of the yellow tag that was given to you when purchasing the car?

Thank you, trying to figure out that I have all the correct items.

Upvote 0
Looks like they reached the application limit as of Nov 13 for the last cycle. Has anyone who’s applied checked their payment status? Nothing showing up on mine so far.

Nothing for me.

One thing I’m not clear on is if non-low-income people should expect anything before Jan 31.

If (A) low-income applicants are prioritized and (B) funds are limited (both of which are true), shouldn’t the state wait until the end of the application period before awarding any money to non-low-income applicants so that low-income applications can actually get prioritization even if they arrive in late January?

Upvote 0
Nothing for me.

One thing I’m not clear on is if non-low-income people should expect anything before Jan 31.

If (A) low-income applicants are prioritized and (B) funds are limited (both of which are true), shouldn’t the state wait until the end of the application period before awarding any money to non-low-income applicants so that low-income applications can actually get prioritization even if they arrive in late January?
That would make sense to me, but the site says they are not taking more applications. Unless they already got enough low income applicants…

Upvote 0
but the site says they are not taking more applications.

Does it explicitly say that though?

I see where it says the current number of applications has surpassed the amount of available funding. So any new non-low-income applications don’t stand a chance. But since low income applicants would get still priority over many of those already-received non-low-income applications, I interpret it to mean that they’re still accepting low-income applications.

11/13/23 NOTICE: The current number of EV Rebate Program applications that have been received by the Illinois EPA has surpassed the amount of available Fiscal Year 2024 funding appropriated by the General Assembly ($12 million). As specified in the law, program rules, IEPA EV Rebate Program website, and FAQ, rebate applications are subject to the availability of funds. Applicants that qualify as “Low-Income” per the program guidelines will continue to be prioritized for rebate issuance.” “

Upvote 0
Did anyone else have issues with Tesla signing their form? I was told very little about the rebate during delivery. I emailed my form to my sales advisor at the end of October thinking they would electronically sign the form and email it back to me. For a company that does everything electronically they mailed the signed form to me and didn't they would be doing this so there was a few day delay before I figured things out and now I might not qualify as I didn't get the form post marked until Nov. 8th. I am so frustrated with my Tesla delivery experience.

Upvote 0
Did anyone else have issues with Tesla signing their form? I was told very little about the rebate during delivery. I emailed my form to my sales advisor at the end of October thinking they would electronically sign the form and email it back to me. For a company that does everything electronically they mailed the signed form to me and didn't they would be doing this so there was a few day delay before I figured things out and now I might not qualify as I didn't get the form post marked until Nov. 8th. I am so frustrated with my Tesla delivery experience.
I took delivery before the application forms were published, so there was no opportunity to get it signed at delivery.

But I just got it signed in-store a few weeks later when I brought my car in to get Homelink installed. I didn’t think to email it. I’m not sure if there’d be any problems with an electronic signature. Maybe that’s why they mailed it?

Upvote 0
I took delivery before the application forms were published, so there was no opportunity to get it signed at delivery.

But I just got it signed in-store a few weeks later when I brought my car in to get Homelink installed. I didn’t think to email it. I’m not sure if there’d be any problems with an electronic signature. Maybe that’s why they mailed it?
My car

Upvote 0
It is my understanding that there is no issues with them signing it electronically. They could have wet signed it and then scanned and emailed it. My delivery location was outside of Chicago and the manager said that several of the Chicago locations were refusing to sign the forms so their locations had to sign them for the customers. Tesla is one interesting company.

• Informative
Reactions: jsmay311
Upvote 0
I just recently realized that there was an EV rebate in IL! The dealership didn't mention anything and I didn't do my due diligence. Blame is on me.

I have a couple of questions and I'd appreciate if someone would answer them for me.

1. I have the MVPA from Tesla. It has the detailed final price sheet which shows that I owe $0 to the dealer, since I took a loan from a credit union.

For points 1 and 2 for application for the rebate, will just the MVPA do? Since I don't owe anything to Tesla and it states that in section 6 of the MVPA. Or do I include documents for the loan from the CU?

2. The application form needs a dealership number as well as signature. Can I go to a dealership closer to me (incidentally, the one I ordered from) or do I have to actually go to one further away, which was where the car was in inventory and delivery was done from?

I appreciate any and all responses!

Upvote 0