Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm disappointed that I'm not more disappointed!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really? Nah. Sure, I'd like Tesla to sell the long range version for $25,000 before the federal tax credit, with a 30% profit margin, and a hud, and an infinite supply of cheeseburgers in the frunk, but that ain't gonna happen.

Looking at this objectively, Tesla hit it out of the park. The "40"kWh Model S premiered in 2013 with a range of 149 miles and a price tag of $58,570. In less than five years Tesla has followed that up with a *$45,200 Model 3 that can apparently go 310 miles before it needs more juice.

This was after every other major automaker said that there wasn't enough demand for EVs, and that a mass-market EV couldn't succeed. A tip of the hat to Tesla, and a wag of the finger to everyone else.

*A shade under $43,000 in 2013 dollars.

I agree. I'm such a nerd, the only thing I was really disappointed with was that the Cd was marginally higher than the design goal (and the associated negative consequences of that) ;)

I guess my car will be black because I'm not paying $1k extra to change paint colours. Hope it's matte black, but if glossy, so be it.

If our tax deduction holds through my purchase time, I'll be getting that $5k options package, that'd be comfy, and nice in our long winters. Otherwise, I'll be getting no options at all, and be perfectly happy with that. Our low speed limits mean that range in a base Model 3 will be crazy long, and I could care less about another half second reduction in 0-60 or an extra 10 mph top speed that I'll never get a chance to use. I have little interest in autopilot at its current tech level, and certainly not in paying $3k more for an extra self-driving feature that they might some day deliver.

Overall, not bad, Tesla. Not bad! (But next time, sacrifice a touch more room and go with a touch less standard styling in order to get better aero, okay? ;) )

Now, for all of that sleep I'm not doing...

And I'm disappointed in your disappointment.
nfNeT7YvTozx0cv7ze3mplZpo1_500.gif

Reactions: omgwtfbyobbq
The single no-extra-upcharge paint color of black is absolutely ridiculous. You might be able to get away with this nonsense on the upscale S and X. But no way for an entry-mid level sedan. Shameful.

Should be 3-4 standard base colors at a minimum.
You can always buy a Bolt. They have plenty of "free" metallic paint choices (for a $2500 higher base price).

Really? Nah. Sure, I'd like Tesla to sell the long range version for $25,000 before the federal tax credit, with a 30% profit margin, and a hud, and an infinite supply of cheeseburgers in the frunk, but that ain't gonna happen.

Looking at this objectively, Tesla hit it out of the park. The "40"kWh Model S premiered in 2013 with a range of 149 miles and a price tag of $58,570. In less than five years Tesla has followed that up with a *$45,200 Model 3 that can apparently go 310 miles before it needs more juice.

This was after every other major automaker said that there wasn't enough demand for EVs, and that a mass-market EV couldn't succeed. A tip of the hat to Tesla, and a wag of the finger to everyone else.

*A shade under $43,000 in 2013 dollars.

Infinite supply of In-N-Out burgers or I'm canceling.

So, I can't be critical about anything without being told to get lost? My point was there should be a few base colors to choose from. Perhaps a white and a red along with the black. I apologize if that comes off as being a Tesla basher.

You're allowed to be critical.

But ultimately, you'll have to find a better solution if you don't want a Model 3, and have fun with that.

Just imagine the Model 3 is a $36,000 base car and that all the colors are free. $36k for a Model 3 still blows the Bolt out of the water.

Reactions: EinSV