Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm getting various BMS errors, and my model S won't go into Drive (D) or Reverse (R)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey everyone, new to the forum.
My 2014 Tesla Model S (new to me) is giving me the following BMS errors (see attachment):
- BMS_u008
- BMS_w141
- BMS_w062
- BMS_w033
- BMS_f062
- BMS_f033

I should mention that the 12v battery isn't holding a charge, so I ordered a new one and it should be here soon. I'm hoping that is what is wrong and that the errors will go away once I replace the 12v battery, but I thought I'd ask the forum gurus and see if anyone has seen these errors before.
My HV battery (85kw) seems to be fine since it's currently charged at like 85% and it's holding the charge fine.

Attachments

• IMG_20220315_123855.jpg
    IMG_20220315_123855.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 572
  • IMG_20220315_123855.jpg
    IMG_20220315_123855.jpg
    894 KB · Views: 339
i believe wk mentioned somewhere that it needs to be sent as a batch withing something like a second but i too would like to know this for sure...

Is there an update on this?

I have a similar issue on this as well,

The post error codes I have is PARK_w007_S3_shortGround

PARK_W004_2_shortGround

PARK_w001_S1_shortGround

GTW_w405_12VNotSupported

BMS_w062_SW_Ctr_Pwr_Supply

BMS_f062_SW_Ctr_Pwr_Supply

so far all fuses are continuous on 12v as well as the 12v battery pyro fuse

Opened front Junction box and all fuses were continuous In my case the dc the dc doesn’t have fuses, the fuses are in front junction box

Dc to dc black wire that runs to 12v battery was checked and it’s continuous all way to terminal that connects to battery,

dc to dc hasn’t been checked yet for 12-16v I will check that next

Also I changed 12v battery so I believe it’s not 12v

Upvote 0
BMS_w141_SW_12V_Pwr_Supply_Low
Does seem to indicate a low 12v battery, The F codes might not clear on there own.

BMS_U008 is limp mode and usually needs clearing with a diag tool like T-Diag or T-Can, I have the UDS can frames to clear if you have a can bus analyser.
Is there an update on this?

PARK_W004_2_shortGround

PARK_w001_S1_shortGround

GTW_w405_12VNotSupported

Opened front Junction box and all fuses were continuous In my case the dc the dc doesn’t have fuses, the fuses are in front junction box

Dc to dc black wire that runs to 12v battery was checked and it’s continuous all way to terminal that connects to battery,

Upvote 0

PARK_W004_2_shortGround

PARK_w001_S1_shortGround

GTW_w405_12VNotSupported

I checked, I could not here any clicks from the back (one click from the front, but that's likey the relays opening and closing).

My is a 2013 Tesla Model S P85+. 1st gen. I opened up the DCDC converter before to replace the AC fuse. I qas hoping to never have to open it up again. Is there a separate fuse for the 12v +LV inside the DCDC converter?

I never charged the 12v battery with a trickle charger while charging the main battery. The main battery won't even charge at this point.

Other though, I am debating to pay for the single day use of Toolbox 3. I'm curious if it just needs a hard reset, BMS reset or anything like that to get it up... Do you have any experience with Toolbox 3 that would be useful for testing/Diagnostics?

Upvote 0

PARK_W004_2_shortGround

PARK_w001_S1_shortGround

GTW_w405_12VNotSupported

You can take a look at these code descriptions:

• GTW_w405_12VNotSupported
  • User Text: Electrical System Power reduced
  • Vehicle may shutdown unexpectedly

• BMS_w062_SW_Ctr_Pwr_Supply
  • User Text: Service is required
  • PULL OVER SAFELY
  • Description: Contactor input voltage dropped below limit threshold

• BMS_f062_SW_Ctr_Pwr_Supply
  • User Text: Service is required
  • PULL OVER SAFELY
  • Description: Contactor input voltage dropped below limit threshold
  • Article Description:
  • BMS_f062_SW_Ctr_Pwr_Supply
  • The Battery Management System (BMS) has detected that there is a power supply issue with the contactor.
PARK_w001_S1_shortGround
This alert indicates that there is likely a short to ground in the wiring to this sensor or the sensor is disconnected.

PARK_w004_S2_shortGround
This alert indicates there is likely a short to ground in the wiring to the sensor or the sensor is disconnected

PARK_w007_S3_shortGround
This alert indicates there is likely a short to ground in the wiring to the sensor or the sensor is disconnected.

Seems like something definitely to do with the contactor power not being sufficient or not getting the 12v supply. I would follow my earlier steps on checking all of the connections leading up to the contactor.

My car is still at the shop, will update once I have mine fixed.

Reactions: piwhy
Upvote 0