Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm scared now! Selling Stocks.

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kinda 6-months late for that, don't you think?
:eek:

The reality is nobody has any idea what is going to happen to Tesla stock, or any other stock, or the stock market overall. Analysts have been quoted saying that Tesla stock could hit a low of $10 or a high of $2000, and everything in between.

That's not technically true.
It could go anywhere between $0.00 and the size of US GDP (~$19 Tn).
:p

If you believe in the company and want to buy their stock then buy it.

There is a HUGE difference between believing in a company, or it's product, and having a convincing investment thesis that company's stock will appreciate in the near-/mid-term.
Many great company stocks can be overpriced (APPL, anyone?), fall victim to an economic cycle, or macro trends (tariffs, anyone?).

On the other hand, there are some juicy M&A possibilities for TSLA.
If AAPL or GOOG bought TSLA out (getting cheaper by the day), that would permanently solve Tesla's cash flow problems, and inject some much needed management competency:
Will Tesla Be Taken Over by Ford, Apple or Toyota?

Go long at $150?
o_O

• Funny
Reactions: neroden
As a matter of prudent investment you should never have most of your investments in your company's stock no matter how well they are doing or the promise of the future. If stock is part of your compensation periodically selling of it is prudent. Companies sometimes fail through no fault of their own. If Tesla were to fail, would you say it was all their fault considering the power of their enemies, the shorts and FUD?

Reactions: neroden and afadeev
I am liquidating stuff as fast as possible in order to snag it at $160. These shorters are doing this purposely in order to obtain a stronger position with their holdings.

Its game over and the big dogs know it.

Do you think that possibly it is motivated by these shorters that have strong ties to oil and their ICE car pushers?

OF COURSE IT IS!

Short it hard, then recapture as much ownership as possible.

Tesla CTO JB Straubel excercises ~$3 million in options as office presence called 'scarce' - Electrek

Sorry...but I'm outa here as an investor.

Trust me - I'm pulling for them!!!!

I wonder how much of this is Elons Fault. What a nice guy, but he shouldn't battle the big dogs of the stock market.
Dude agree big time. Bankrupt Monday I think. If not Monday then Tuesday. JB Straubel is sick of bringing in his own toilet paper. I would be too. Elon is destroying this company. Why can’t they just buy toilet paper, it’s ridiculous. Even Sears has toilet paper in the bathroom. That just shows how dire of a situation Tesla is in. Much worse than Sears. I would actually buy Sears stock because they have toilet paper. I really love toilet paper. There are multiple uses for it. Did you know it’s not that expensive? Especially if you get Costco brand.

I just don’t get it. Why can Tesla build cars but can’t afford some toilet paper? Maybe they aren’t building as many cars as they say. Hm. I think Tesla will be dead soon. It’s sad really. At least I can go to Sears and wipe my bum. Or even GM or Nissan. Wow. Have you tried their toilet paper? They even have flavored ones but they keep those on the floor. I suggest you try it

Can someone please explain something to me? Where is this thread from? Is it only populated by posters I have never seen before on the Investment Forum (except the post above). It is weird because every other thread on here has the usual people posting except this one. The people in here don’t post on any of the other threads in the Investor Forum. Where did they come from?

Can someone please explain something to me? Where is this thread from? Is it only populated by posters I have never seen before on the Investment Forum (except the post above). It is weird because every other thread on here has the usual people posting except this one. The people in here don’t post on any of the other threads in the Investor Forum. Where did they come from?

Good observation. It was originally posted in the main Model 3 section, now correctly moved here by a mod.

• Informative
Reactions: neroden
First time poster.

I’ve been watching TSLA for a couple of years. My interest in the company is both as a potential investor and a potential customer.

Just wanted to add some color to the insider selling discussion. Insiders can usually only sell on a pre determined schedule that is filed in advance with the SEC.

Once they’ve submitted the filing, they have to sell the committed amount on the date indicated.

It’s a very common process and universally done by execs in public companies.

All insider transactions are filed on Edgar. Free website.

JB has been selling this way since sometime in 2018 and has netted close to $60 million in profits on those sales.

There is a decent summary on the Yahoo finance website. It shows a couple of years of inside sales & purchases. Also has institutional information.

Mod Note: JB Straubel sells his options regularly, same amount every month, under "safe harbor" trading plan, and donates most of the proceeds to charity. This gets discussed here regularly; the only thing new is Fred Lambert writing a hit piece about it. See the other threads here for more information. One of the other moderators moved the thread here from some other inappropriate place, and with the less-than-useful title, so I'm locking this one. --ggr.

Status
Not open for further replies.