Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

I'm seeing red...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am from the thinking that red is for fire engines and Ferraris. Vehicles that attract attention and cops see right away. The new Tesla red is beautiful, but not my taste. I did get the Tesla original dark blue. It goes from blue to black, depending on the lighting. That is a cool feature other colors have, as well.

Don't go red. Color is taken... :biggrin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 252
Red is the most beautiful color for the Model S besides Pearl White.

The lines and curves are extenuated, the white LED DRL's stand out amongst the red paint, the chrome window trim and other chrome accents stand out as well. Its just a very fitting color for the cars beautifully sculpted body.

Yes it is "flashy", but not in a "flashy" way, which is why its such a great color :cool:

I drove to the Dania Beach delivery center 3 times from Miami to look at Colors (45 minutes). I currently have a white Denali XL and a black Mercedes E550 4Matic, befotre these I had 2 more white cars and a silver one. My MC RED, did I say MC RED P85D went into production on Friday. I think it is the best red I have seen on a car, it fits it perfectly. Call it flashy, call it mid life crisis, call it whatever you want but the bottom line is that it just looks great.

Ok, now that I got your attention...here is my (very) first world problem:

I'm contemplating pulling the trigger on a 70D and can't quite settle on a color. I don't like red cars in general. I find them too flashy, they are just "not me". For as long as I can remember, I've owned black cars. Classic, some would even say boring.

Well, I really, really, like the MC Red and to me the car looks stunning. So I'm torn and my question is this: are there owners on here that similarly are/we're not red car people and yet went with MC red? How is this working out for you?

f

ps: I told you, first world problem. :smile:

I live in an area that's covered in a sea of black and shades of gray, so Red works for me as it stands out but not too much. I also like the new obsidian blue and the whites for the same reason.

Took this picture this morning remembering this thread:

FullSizeRender 7.jpg

This is a very personal thing. I've owned one red car (an SUV actually) in the past, but generally tend towards darker colors or black.

My favorite Model S color is Signature Red and my least favorite is the current Multi Coat red. Go figure.... I didn't get a Sig so went with the dark blue.

Apart from the color, MC helps in depth and little thicker than non MC. Tesla paint is very thin compared to a silver 540 i had due to the CA rules.. something to think about apart from Red.. which is now growing on me as i too reserved it for a Ferrari ..

OP, I could have written that exact same post. I ended up getting the red and have had the car almost two years now. Zero regrets on the color; it's stunning, especially when clean. It turns out the only person who was concerned about it looking too flashy was me!

(I do like the new blue a lot, too!)

<insert sigh of relief>

ok, so I'm not the only one facing that conundrum. That makes me feel a bit better, ie I'm sort of kinda normal, at least when it comes to this specific topic.

I'm off to the Palo Alto store shortly to take a car for a spin and I suspect I'll spend way too much time there looking at paint colors. Because I'm not a red car guy. But then again, the car looks fantastic in red!