Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In-car cell phone issues

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I have been encountering a new phone issue.

Before the last few updates, when I was connected to the Bluetooth and was exiting the car I would press “disconnect” and the call would transfer to my hand set. Now, when I do the exact same thing, it hangs up on the call. Can’t seem to figure out a work around.

Anyone?

It happened to me sporadically mid summer, then it went away and since v9 it's back in 100% of first calls.
Thx everyone for the "volume up" workaround as I don't think we will get rid of that issue soon (phone is far away from fart and fireplace in alphabetical sorting of tasks to be implemented)...

• Funny
Reactions: Langhorne
I wanted to resurrect this thread to ask anyone if they are experiencing my current issue or in the alternative if anyone might have a solution...

I have an Android phone (Galaxy S9+). If I am on the phone talking and I want to leave the car, I use to be able to press "disconnect" on the car's screen and that would transfer the call from the car's bluetooth to my hand set.

Now, if I do the same, it hangs up on the call.

I have lost the ability to transfer the call from the car to the handset and vice versa. So, if I am on the phone and enter my car, once the car transfers to bluetooth, the call is hung up on.

Any ideas??? Is this a phone issue or a car issue? I NEVER had this issue with this phone until two updates ago. Thoughts???

Reactions: Snerruc
Reported to Tesla - apparently known issue and a fix will come in future software release
It was fixed in 2018.48.12.1 for me (after it not working in the release prior to that), but after going to 2018.50.6 hoping to fix Spoify issues the exact same phone bug has returned. I don't even bother calling the service centre with bugs now, seems pointless.

I still have the issue where you can’t hear the other person without scrolling the volume button up on the wheel. That’s on 50.6. Those with Pixel phones, I had all sorts of issues with both the 2 & 3. Changed back to iPhone and now only have the above.

I still have the issue where you can’t hear the other person without scrolling the volume button up on the wheel. That’s on 50.6. Those with Pixel phones, I had all sorts of issues with both the 2 & 3. Changed back to iPhone and now only have the above.

I still have it as well but the scrolling works.

I also continue to have the issue with being unable to pass a call from my car to my handset without hanging up on the caller but I think I may have figured out what is causing that issue.

I am using the security passcode to start my car and I *think* the issue may have started when I started using the passcode, so I will disable it this weekend and give it a try.