Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

In Car Dashcam viewer coming soon!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Medved_77

TM3 SR+ | MSM+Black | No FSD
Jan 20, 2020
Scotland
Just saw this on twitter:

Eshak Mir on Twitter

Looks like we'll soon have the ability to view dashcam clips from the car and choose which camera to view the clip from :)

Attachments

• 2020-04-03 09_21_26.png
    2020-04-03 09_21_26.png
    656.4 KB · Views: 94
"Each video is organised by location, date and thumbnail for easy access"

Great. Sounds like more metadata is now being stored, ie location.

I would also really like to see a rendering of the on screen driving display also recorded as an additional view.

Hopefully TeslaCam will get a bit more attention in future rather than treated as an after thought. I could have got a discount on insurance for having a dashcam, but didn't bother due to issues encountered in the past missing the relevant event (non gapless recording). I couldn't face having to tell an insurer that the critical moment was missed - how suspicious would that look!

Hallelujah! I'm also very curious to see what it says below in that screenshot about "Out of order super charger stalls". Is it better identification of stalls that are not working? Guidance on which stall you should choose for optimal charging?

When I saw the thread title, I thought this was just another app where you can remove the USB drive and plug it to your phone or laptop to organize and review the videos. Clicking on the screenshot reveals what this actually is -- the answer we've been asking and waiting for ever since Teslacam was introduced!

I wonder how much time all of us are now going to spend reviewing the footage of people looking into our carso_O.
Well, if this rolls out while we're still shelter-in-place, we may be sitting in our cars in the garage and mindlessly binge-watching the same set of videos over and over again -- just in case we missed a subtlety in the previous viewings (ooh, I never noticed the gusts of wind blowing on that tree branch that must have triggered those 32 Sentry Mode alerts I got that day when I was waiting for the store to open so I could load up on toilet paper).

"Each video is organised by location, date and thumbnail for easy access"

Great. Sounds like more metadata is now being stored, ie location.

I would also really like to see a rendering of the on screen driving display also recorded as an additional view.

Hopefully TeslaCam will get a bit more attention in future rather than treated as an after thought. I could have got a discount on insurance for having a dashcam, but didn't bother due to issues encountered in the past missing the relevant event (non gapless recording). I couldn't face having to tell an insurer that the critical moment was missed - how suspicious would that look!

I would have hoped location meta data is already embedded in the video that I share with Tesla to help with the machine learning.

A cool interface would be the map with an icon per location of incident (bit like Strava when you take photos on your run/ride) just to w(h)ile away time whilst public charging and its raining.

would it be asking to much to be able to attach clip to email? Very quick way to provide to authorities. Yes, officer, i have it here, look. Yes officer I can send it to your email.
Interesting point.

You can access web based email clients e.g. Gmail from the in car browser. Wonder if the mounted drive shows as available when you click on the attach button?

Obviously a share button from the sentry clip would be more convenient but it could be that a work around already exists.

Reactions: Darmie
If you were using this video data to improve the machine learning the speed is critical

What ends up in TeslaCam files is completely different to what is reportedly uploaded to Tesla. I would imagine that what gets sent back to Tesla is very rich in metadata (plus additional sensors) and image processed quite differently (TeslaCam files are very much compressed) but it is also very selectively chosen (according to the patents) and stored so may be long gone by the time that TeslaCam files are viewed.