Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

"in the factory production queue" means .... ???

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, what is supposed to be the next status update after "Your order is now confirmed and in the factory production queue." ? I have seen on the forum that someone could get call for delivery next week while that's the last update on the website ...:confused:

So, what is supposed to be the next status update after "Your order is now confirmed and in the factory production queue." ? I have seen on the forum that someone could get call for delivery next week while that's the last update on the website ...:confused:

This doesn't necessarily mean any particular date range. The key factor is VIN assignment. Typically the VIN is assigned approx. 5 weeks before the time the car enters production. Production usually takes less than a week. After that, there is a variable amount of time in QC (which seems to be decreasing now). Thus, the assignment of the VIN is probably the most reliable status change for predicting when the car might come.

• Informative
Reactions: ssq
Just to add another data point... My VIN was assigned on 2/17, and on 3/4 (i.e. 2 weeks and 2 days later) I got a call from my DS saying that my car was finished and ready to ship. Hidden code in my MyTesla page used to say my estimated delivery window was "Late March - April", but now it shows a delivery window between March 14 and March 21. The visible status at the top of the page still says "Your order is now confirmed and in the factory production queue." Of course, I am super excited to be getting my car soon, but more generally, I think this signals that production is starting to move at a pretty fast rate.

Just to add another data point... My VIN was assigned on 2/17, and on 3/4 (i.e. 2 weeks and 2 days later) I got a call from my DS saying that my car was finished and ready to ship. Hidden code in my MyTesla page used to say my estimated delivery window was "Late March - April", but now it shows a delivery window between March 14 and March 21. The visible status at the top of the page still says "Your order is now confirmed and in the factory production queue." Of course, I am super excited to be getting my car soon, but more generally, I think this signals that production is starting to move at a pretty fast rate.

The dates will probably change several times. After my car got to my local SC, it took then 7 weeks to delivery. Every time I looked the date would change.