Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Incorrect charge limit/charge percentage

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
First post here but have been reading the forums for a while. You folks are awesome.

I know battery percent is an estimate. I have had similar bugs with the app “overcharging” the car a few percent intermittently. No big deal. It’s usually fairly accurate.

I have recently noticed that my charge limit set in the app is stopping my charge 1% lower than set. Example: I set charge limit to 76%, car charges to 75% and stops. I wouldn’t normally care as it’s getting colder and the measurement can fluctuate, but now it’s been consistent with every charge. With the new update, my car is also acknowledging the charge limit of 76%, but stopping charge at 75%. (See photos)

Thoughts? Is it my OCD and I should let it go? Fun new bug?

2021 MYLR with ~5k miles.
11624DA6-FD02-43B1-9150-AE77CC19EA6B.jpeg

13F31C6D-FFA8-4935-8242-6DBDFF77C623.jpeg

MY 2020 LRMY does this too, i.e. stops charging at 1% less than what is specified in the Tesla app. I don't worry about it.
Awesome. OCD it is.
Was that car-screen-shot from a few minutes or less after charging completed? If its been more than a few minutes, the car might have discharged the battery. After a few percent, it'll start charging again.
This was taken more than a few minutes after the charge completed overnight. (~3 hours) I played with it a bit this weekend and was able to sit in the car as it completed charging a few times. Did this still. Only started happening in the last week or so.

I’ve seen this happen and think it is changed by temperatures. I’ve been charging my car at Midnight and in the morning it’s down 1-2% from my 80% set point. It’s cooler in the morning than it was when charging. A few days ago we had some brutally cold temperatures then a warm front actually raised temperatures overnight. My battery was up 1%.

This has recently started happening to my M3, although it's 2% lower.

It's not the next morning, it's shortly after plugging it in. In other words, this doesn't seem to be caused by vampire drain or temperature change, it seems the car is actually charging to 58% and then stopping.

It seems fairly consistent, like it's been doing this same thing for a few weeks-ish.